Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2010, 10:56 AM

Default Avid, I'm thinking that...

I know no-one asked me, but still here are my thoughts.

I love and use Pro Tools TDM for long time because it is the best tool for what I do, I would like to see the company that makes it to be successful and have enough money and needed manpower to keep it better than anything else out there.

The fact that important stuff in the software does not get fixed in reasonable amount of time means there are problems within the company, it's obvious. I believe if there were enough people working with the problems they would get ironed out faster, but if there is not then probably money is the issue.

To blast the sales of your hardware please:

Regain the respect of the community and have a positive aura! Actually this is easy, when releasing stuff, make it so that it does not feel like you are trying to suck out every penny and give features that are almost there. You can do best stuff that is out there, you have proved it over and over again. Just take the little step further so that it would be absolutely obvious that your stuff is the way to go! Your recent hardware releases are great, VENUE line - Great! Eleven rack - Great! new M-Boxes - Great! Better HD interfaces - Great!

The right thing to do is obvious and has been sitting there all the time, just do it!

Just drop the crippled LE, period. It's a discrase, it really is! Instead bundle Pro Tools HD Native with all the M-Box series interfaces. You would boost the sales of the hardware right away. The new HD Native card would still have it's place for the people in need for more IO than M-Box can offer.

Re-establish a power and glory of TDM! All this downhill has been cause there is not enough power cycles in TDM and developers have started doing RTAS instead of TDM. If the VI's were TDM it would rock. VIRUS TDM anyone? Create a new hyper-HD system with many times of the current TDM capabilities and to start this off well port your own VI's to the new TDM! Other manufacturers would then follow as this new real-time system would still kick ass of any Native system as it would be REALTIME and much more stable. Then finally all the current HD owners would happily toss out money and upgrade systems.

Bring control surfaces closer to more users. By that I mean integration of control surfaces is what makes Pro Tools stand out of the competition. Currently not that many users can enjoy the benefits.

Thanks for your time!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Avid, I'm thinking that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
I know no-one asked me, but still here are my thoughts.

I love and use Pro Tools TDM for long time because it is the best tool for what I do, I would like to see the company that makes it to be successful and have enough money and needed manpower to keep it better than anything else out there.

The fact that important stuff in the software does not get fixed in reasonable amount of time means there are problems within the company, it's obvious. I believe if there were enough people working with the problems they would get ironed out faster, but if there is not then probably money is the issue.

To blast the sales of your hardware please:

Regain the respect of the community and have a positive aura! Actually this is easy, when releasing stuff, make it so that it does not feel like you are trying to suck out every penny and give features that are almost there. You can do best stuff that is out there, you have proved it over and over again. Just take the little step further so that it would be absolutely obvious that your stuff is the way to go! Your recent hardware releases are great, VENUE line - Great! Eleven rack - Great! new M-Boxes - Great! Better HD interfaces - Great!

The right thing to do is obvious and has been sitting there all the time, just do it!

Just drop the crippled LE, period. It's a discrase, it really is! Instead bundle Pro Tools HD Native with all the M-Box series interfaces. You would boost the sales of the hardware right away. The new HD Native card would still have it's place for the people in need for more IO than M-Box can offer.

Re-establish a power and glory of TDM! All this downhill has been cause there is not enough power cycles in TDM and developers have started doing RTAS instead of TDM. If the VI's were TDM it would rock. VIRUS TDM anyone? Create a new hyper-HD system with many times of the current TDM capabilities and to start this off well port your own VI's to the new TDM! Other manufacturers would then follow as this new real-time system would still kick ass of any Native system as it would be REALTIME and much more stable. Then finally all the current HD owners would happily toss out money and upgrade systems.

Bring control surfaces closer to more users. By that I mean integration of control surfaces is what makes Pro Tools stand out of the competition. Currently not that many users can enjoy the benefits.

Thanks for your time!
All I have to say is...

November 4-7.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 AM

Well said digidesigner.
(970) 663-1650
InSight Sound Web Page
Old 10-08-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
All I have to say is...

November 4-7.
I guess you have to kill us if you tell us something.

To the op. Big thumbs up!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
Re-establish a power and glory of TDM! All this downhill has been cause there is not enough power cycles in TDM and developers have started doing RTAS instead of TDM.
who is left at the company from the "glory days"????

the answer to that question reveals alot.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
All I have to say is...

November 4-7.
For someone who's not supposed to be saying anything, you certainly talk a lot. You carry on constantly on this board as though you're privy to secret information. If you do have confidential information, you should really maintain a lower profile.
IMDB
Old 10-08-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IO Composer View Post
For someone who's not supposed to be saying anything, you certainly talk a lot. You carry on constantly on this board as though you're privy to secret information. If you do have confidential information, you should really maintain a lower profile.
I don't have confidential information. I will make that clear.

I am simply giving a date that is guaranteed to have something in store for us. All of my information is public... just helps to be looking in the right places.

I've had some hints from some of the right people, but nothing specific at all other than the notion that big things are coming soon. Follow the trends and it all points to Nov 4th at AES.

Just pointing out the not-so-obvious, so people have a concrete timeframe.

D

Old 10-08-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I don't have confidential information. I will make that clear.

I am simply giving a date that is guaranteed to have something in store for us. All of my information is public... just helps to be looking in the right places.

I've had some hints from some of the right people, but nothing specific at all other than the notion that big things are coming soon. Follow the trends and it all points to Nov 4th at AES.

Just pointing out the not-so-obvious, so people have a concrete timeframe.
Then it's clear that you're overconfident in your assumptions.
IMDB
Old 10-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IO Composer View Post
Then it's clear that you're overconfident in your assumptions.
In what way?

D

Old 10-08-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
who is left at the company from the "glory days"????

the answer to that question reveals alot.
And the answer to that question is probably "more folks than you think". There lots of +8 year vets left. Not to mention +12/14 as well.

S..

Scofield...