Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2013, 06:19 AM

Default Waves Plug ins

Is anyone aware as to whether the Waves Studio Classic Collection contains individual (independent) licenses (eg: one for SSL 4000, one for API etc) or is it combined in an individual single license for the whole package.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Waves Plug ins

It's all there in www.waves.com website. You can buy individual plugins or bundles of plugins. The Studio Classic Collection contains individual licenses for the SSL, API, and NEVE series, as is documented on their website.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:59 AM

Can you link to where that is, because I don't think that's correct. Any of their other bundles are not that way. For example, if you own Gold, you have sub-licenses, but they're part of the bundle, and can not be sold on their own.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Can you link to where that is, because I don't think that's correct. Any of their other bundles are not that way. For example, if you own Gold, you have sub-licenses, but they're part of the bundle, and can not be sold on their own.
I also doubt that.
I have the Gold, the SSL and the CLA-bundle (some v8, some v9) and they're all - well - bundled and you can not pick an individual license out.
I don't think that this is any different with other bundles. Why should it be?

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 03-23-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mix Design View Post
Is anyone aware as to whether the Waves Studio Classic Collection contains individual (independent) licenses (eg: one for SSL 4000, one for API etc) or is it combined in an individual single license for the whole package.
Here are the separate links.

SSL
http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=260

V Series
http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=1680

API
http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=3565

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 PM

Right, but again, if you buy the bundle, you get a license for the bundle, I'm pretty sure.

That's the tradeoff of getting a discount by buying the bundle.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Right, but again, if you buy the bundle, you get a license for the bundle, I'm pretty sure.

That's the tradeoff of getting a discount by buying the bundle.
Right, you cannot break a bundle into individual plug-ins for sale once it is purchased and authorized.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Ahem, it seems that I was not writing this as precisely as I should have.

What I meant was that the bundle consists of individual licenses that authorize the plugins, so there is not any magical "Mercury" license that opens up any plugin out there, but that the "Mercury" bundle is made of the individual licenses. Sorry for the confusion.

That said; I don't think anyone should think of re-selling 2nd hand Waves licenses because that's a world of trouble to begin with. This is why I worded my response the way I did. And if you do decide to sell them, then the best solution would be to sell them all and just give your Waves account away to the buyer.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:13 AM

How do you figure, JFreak?
I bought the Gold bundle used 4 or 5 years back on eBay. It worked very well and with no troubles on mine and (as far as I can tell) none on the seller's side either. I even got his WUP transfered to my account.

That said, it has been v8. Is it a different cup of tea with v9 and WLS?

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 03-24-2013, 05:57 AM

Yes MEADS - a MUCH different cup of tea with V9. It can be done. I had an extra license for API and wanted my buddy to have it. First send a WUP transfer request to Waves (I'm kinda weird and keep my WUPS updated). Then you need whomever a account u r transferring to. Then Waves gets lets Avid/iLok know, and they can the current license in your iLok. I suppose it's not horrible, but be prepared to take some time, trade a bunch of emails, and ready to say "I won't be doing this again!" Had I been selling this asset I would have both had to trust and be trusted by the person I am transferring to. No instant changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!