Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2003, 01:26 AM

Default Why Can\'t You Control Most of the EQ Plugins From the Graph/Freq Response?

I just purchased a Massive Pack and have started using the Massenburg and Sony EQ's. They sound great BTW.

Anyway, I noticed on both these plugins there doesn't seem to be an option for controling the EQ through the Graph.

Why is this? If I want to boost or cut why can't I just push up/down the graph and drag it until things sound right.

Right now I work on a Mackie D8B with HD3 and all of the Mackie EQ's, including the Massenburg plugin for the D8B have this option. It is extremely useful and efficient. Coming from the Mackie, the PT EQ plugins seem cumbersome. Find the Gain turn it up, find the Freq and Scan it, find the Q....

Using the graph or freq response curve is awesome and fast. You can boost/cut and scan by pushing up/down the mouse and left/right, if you need to change Q, right click(on a Mac they could make it the Apple key) and move. Why haven't they done this? The only reason I can think of is that maybe it would be system intensive since you're using 2 controls at the same time, but come on, it can't be that crazy.

Does anyone else wish this was an option?

Bobby Peru
Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee, WI

Check out my studio :) http://www.bobbyperurecording.com
Check out my band :)
http://www.newloud.com
Old 07-17-2003, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Why Can\'t You Control Most of the EQ Plugins From the Graph/Freq Response?

The Waves Ren EQ lets you edit curves from the graph, so it's obviously possible in PT. I agree, it would be great to see this on all EQ plugins.