Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Doubled midi notes using M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

I am using the keystation 88 into Protools HD 7.3 on a mac dual 2.7 gig on 10.4.8. When I record a midi track and then play back, I will hear some notes that sound out of phase. If I move those midi notes out of the way, there are little midi notes under them. It seems that others are having a similar problem, but no answers yet. Digi is aware of this problem when using quickpunch and/or count in, but I am seeing this when just straight recording. Any ideas? I don't think that the vi has anything to do with it, but I am using EWQLSO Platinum. I should also mention that using the commant to remove doubled midi notes does not help. These tiny notes must be removed one at a time by hand.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-20-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Doubled midi notes using M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

Do you have any other MIDI gear connected when this happens? And possibly MIDI input set to "All"? What happens if you record with MIDI input set the Keystation?

I'm not familiar with this keyboard - does it have Local control? When enabling MIDI thru in PT, Local control should be off.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:19 PM

I have done a little more testing. I also have a Roland MKII controler. When I use this controler I have no doubled notes. As far as the settings on the M-Audio, it is pretty much plug and play. There may be a slight possibility that I am getting a bounce back on the keys because they are weighted and I am not a professional pianist. Other than that I am stumped. Maybe an issue with the controler itself? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again
Old 08-09-2007, 10:36 AM

i have had this problem lots. turn off midi controller with pt running and then turn it back on. fixed it for half a dozen friends of mine.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Does this seem to be happening to those using M-Audio keyboards or any in general? They are pretty much plug & play. This is a huge PITA!!!! What's the difference of using ALL when setting the inut on the MIDI track. I use Xpand a lot, and there doesn't seem to be a MIDI channel setting on it, and I get these doubled notes like crazy.. or the ever so famous small circular notes with the X in it, that lay beneath each note. That and the fact that some notes can not be moved by the grid setting 1/8th, or 32nd, etc. I'll get the note one line away from where it needs to be and the note just vanishes! Not using a USB hub also seems to make a difference, and I know that M-Audio does not support using any hubs. I have a whole other rant in the MIDI forum about other issues..
Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 AM

I just posted another thread on this same subject before seeing this thread. Ihave a new AXIOM, so maybe it is a M-AUDIO thing. AND I am also using a MIDI HUB(EDIROL). It happens with all my VI's so I think it's a M-AUDIO issue.......hmmmmmmmm

Shawn