Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 12:42 PM

Default faderpack madness

hi. since about a week my faderpack (on a PC with main unit plus faderpack only, total 16 faders) is going crazy.

it startups correctly, then it works for an indefinied amount of time, let's say 20/25 minutes, then randomly it disconnect from pro tools, the faderpack blocks its faders in random position and starts to blink very fast and again random all the leds, then the software pop ups the message of "lost connection". it could re-sync with pro tools in 1 minute or less, then works for about 5 minutes, then re-go crazy...

the utility fader test shows that the faders and the lights are in perfect working order.

what could it be? next week I've a very very very very important artist in my studio and I would have a good working procontrol...

please help, thanks.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: faderpack madness

Hi,
That sounds like the power supply is failing - or if you're lucky it could just be oxidised power supply connections, you could try cleaning and reconnection.

Pete
Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: faderpack madness

I had to replace the capacitors on my power supply. Fixed the same problem.

Not too difficult to do, you just have to find the right caps.