Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 12-18-2018, 04:22 AM

Default Re: "Not valid 64 bit AAX plug-ins" - almost all 3rd party plugins suddenly corrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
If you have a lot - and I mean a lot - of plug-ins, it does sometimes take 2 or 3 starts of Pro Tools for it to initially scan all the plug-ins.

Might be time to get serious about making images or clones to get back to a working system when you run into trouble.
I remember that with PT10 but didn't it go away since PT11?

QAPLA!
Old 10-12-2020, 07:29 AM

Default Re: "Not valid 64 bit AAX plug-ins" - almost all 3rd party plugins suddenly corrupt

hate to dig this one up from archives, but this is a continuing issue.

I just purchased a brand new plugin and Pro Tools says on the opening splash screen that it cannot load this plugin because it's not a properly formatted 64-bit aax. Not true. It totally is. On another board, some folks said trashing prefs fixed this issue, well after doing that, now my Slate plugins are coming up with the exact same "failed to load the following plugins...64-bit" issue.

It's nuts. Why is this happening. Never had an issue with Slate and I never even got a chance to try the new plugin. I've seen this error around different Pro Tools boards, but no one has a reliable solid fix for it.

Some said it's a High Sierra issue on Mac, but I'm running Mojave.

screen shot of error:

MAC OSX Monterey 12.6.7
Pro Tools 2023.6
2020 iMac 3.2 Ghz i7, 32GB Ram
UAD Apollo Rack Thunderbolt
2x Glyph Studio 2TB Raid SSD
Old 10-12-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anackman View Post
hate to dig this one up from archives, but this is a continuing issue.

I just purchased a brand new plugin and Pro Tools says on the opening splash screen that it cannot load this plugin because it's not a properly formatted 64-bit aax. Not true. It totally is. On another board, some folks said trashing prefs fixed this issue, well after doing that, now my Slate plugins are coming up with the exact same "failed to load the following plugins...64-bit" issue.

It's nuts. Why is this happening. Never had an issue with Slate and I never even got a chance to try the new plugin. I've seen this error around different Pro Tools boards, but no one has a reliable solid fix for it.

Some said it's a High Sierra issue on Mac, but I'm running Mojave.

screen shot of error:
Mojave is pretty strict about the 64 bit issue. Actually started with High Sierra although it wasn't as bad there. Don't blame Apple or Avid for this - it's on the plugin developers as they knew about Apple going strict 64 bit. Some developers are just plain sloppy about keeping to Apple specs.

QAPLA!
Old 10-13-2020, 01:14 PM

I haven't had this issue in awhile, but usually the first step is Trash Prefs.

The issue may happen again when you launch PT for the first time, that's fine, let it load and DON'T move the plugins to the unused folder.

Close down PT, then open again. And it usually works.

If not, try updating the iLok Manager. Try updating Gobbler (assuming Slate still uses that), and update your plugins.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio