Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-01-2006, 09:32 AM

Default keyboard shortcuts without an Apple keyboard?

I just switched from PT on XP to PT on a Mac, and I'm a novice on the Mac in general.

I've got multiple computers hooked up to a KVM and a good wireless keyboard from Logitech.
I rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts, but I don't have an Apple keyboard, so none of the keyboard shortcuts work.

Is there a way to re-do the keyboard shortcuts on ProTools?
Or is there a way in the Mac OS to change that "Apple" key to something else (even copy & paste shortcuts don't work no in )

Thanks,
Brian
Old 07-01-2006, 10:15 AM

Default Re: keyboard shortcuts without an Apple keyboard?

You'd have to remap the keyboard layout.
I use an Apple Keyboard with XP and I remapped the Keyboard (CRTL,ALT and APPLE/WIN START) to have the same shortcuts like on Mac. Did this with a program called Tradekeys.
I don't know if there is the possibility to do the same in Mac Os.

Cheers, Felix
Old 07-22-2006, 05:04 AM

Default Re: keyboard shortcuts without an Apple keyboard?

Thanks Felix.

I did a Google search for TradeKeys and I didn't see much.
I then did a good search for "Mac with a windows keyboard", and the first link that came up was a Macworld article that talks about DoubleCommand. http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/

Looks like it does some of the basic key re-mapping functions.
I installed it an reversed my Alt & Windows keys, so now the Alt+Tab keyboard shortcut works like it would in windows, and in PT, Alt+= will toggle between the Mix & Edit windows.

It may be of little value to some people, but I only know PT on Windows XP, so the switch to a Mac is definitely a challenge.

Problem Solved!

Thanks again,
Brian