Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2021, 10:30 AM

Default Plugin presets aren't compatible between DAWs?

Hey guys I've been using Studio One a lot but still mixing in Pro Tools. Got plugins and presets saved from Studio One and now trying to load them in Pro Tools but they're a different format? I thought plugin presets can be loaded into the same plugin no matter which daw you're using. Anyways this is killing my creative flow right now and would rather be mixing than googling so I apologize if this has already been covered. I did search but it was a half ass search. Gonna post in Studio One forum and see what they say.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2021, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Plugin presets aren't compatible between DAWs?

Nope. Each are saved according to the type of plugin ( AAX, VST, AU) and are not cross compatible. Wish they were.
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Old 02-11-2021, 10:38 AM

Nevermind. I thought the DAW preset saving option was universal. Totally overlooked the plugin's own save option.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
Nevermind. I thought the DAW preset saving option was universal. Totally overlooked the plugin's own save option.
Yeah, that's the ticket.

If a plugin has it's own preset management system, you can usually transfer presets between DAWs.

But, as you know, you can't do that with the DAW specific preset option.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-11-2021, 03:14 PM

OP

Seen some pretty cool stuff using Blue Cat Software Patchwork. Patchwork looks like a plugin host that can host VSTs in Pro Tools - and much more.

So, if you make a plugin Chain in Studio One in Patchwork, you can use the entire chain in Pro Tools as is. Can do VIs as well apparently. I need to try this.

Looks like a good workflow compromise for people that must work in multiple DAWs.

e

https://www.avid.com/plugins/patchwork

Last edited by ejinbc; 02-11-2021 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
Hey guys I've been using Studio One a lot but still mixing in Pro Tools. Got plugins and presets saved from Studio One and now trying to load them in Pro Tools but they're a different format? I thought plugin presets can be loaded into the same plugin no matter which daw you're using. Anyways this is killing my creative flow right now and would rather be mixing than googling so I apologize if this has already been covered. I did search but it was a half ass search. Gonna post in Studio One forum and see what they say.

Thanks!
No. As a user of both S1 and PT, my research, so far has led me to 'the fix has to be on PT end'. My PT presets work in S1 but not vice versa. I'm tending to do most of my mixing in S1 now, though I prefer PT aptitude and options.