Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Pro Tools LE QUESTIONS!!!!!????

i was wondering what are the requirements for Pro Tools LE if i buy a Mbox 2 Mini....

is my computer compatible for Pro Tools LE???

160GB Hard Drive
Amd Athlon (tm) XP 3000+ 2.17GHz
512 MB of RAM

Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows XP

-cole
Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE QUESTIONS!!!!!????

.....is my computer compatible for Pro Tools LE???

Good question. You gave no details that matter. You need a motherboard with a compatible chipset(northbridge, not the CPU). Then you need a compatible cpu, which I think you have(Turion will not work, some Core 2 Duo's won't work, some will). Cheap cpu's are not recommended(Celeron, Durion, Sempron). You need a seperate hard drive for audio sessions(another internal drive or a firewire drive with the Oxford chipset). If you have a desktop machine, a second internal drive is the easiest and cheapest way out. You can find details on the support page for COMPATIBILITY and by reading the threads on best Desktops. Spend some time reading the DUC and pretty soon, you will start to get a good idea of how things work around here and how to get answers to your questions(sometimes its by asking questions in a better way). Good luck(and don't place too much trust in the yoyo's at the local music store)...... You can always buy the Mbox and see if your system works(with another drive added) and if not, just build a dedicated protools machine(can be done for under $600 if you have keyboard, mouse and monitor).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave