Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Please allow me to introduce myself...

I’m a man of wealth and taste. I’ve been around for a long, long year... ok, just kidding. Just wanted to introduce myself to your community. I've only skimmed DUC in the past, waiting till I actually acquired and started using a Digi002. Well, finally got my feet wet. I should've done this before but I guess bad attitudes and lack of manners with some in the industry (in Real Life) and crazy people in general has inevitably gotten to the point to make me a little jaded sometimes. Sorry for the delayed introduction! I will try to not get jaded!

My background started in audio when I was a teenage punk. I guess I was not too bad since the studio I schlepped for made me an engineer. In my mid 30ies now and afraid to get married because I will lose all my freedom. I've done mostly production audio for TV and a couple of films since then. Since I was a little boy I've been tinkering with audio and waiting I don't know how long to finally own a music production system. Having and using the Digi 002 is a dream come true really. With my old Ensoniq TS-10 (which was a dinosaur to work with) I plan to get some of my compositions down, polish them and finally put out a CD, something been wanting to do for many, many years.

I'm musically illiterate, which makes it difficult when people talk A flat B sharp 1/64th 1/8th bars beats semitones cents and so on. But let me hear anything and I will play it for you on the piano, albeit slowly. I just depend on my ears for composing. I hope one day I'll be able to read music, tried once in college (when I was a college punk) but got bored to tears and dropped out of the course. Making music technical just took the passion out of it.

Just a little more rambling then I'll be out of your hair... thought I'd mention coming from an NLE background, I'm very impressed with Pro Tools. So far it seems to me PT is a better app for audio than some of the NLE software out there is for video. I just hope to pick it up at a steady rate given the time and learn from you guys what I need to know to be a power PT user.

Thanks for all the help and letting me be a part of your community.

Take care

- Uncle Remon
Old 02-21-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Are you my long lost brother?!? Welcome to the club, even though I'm new on this board, too!
Digi 001, PT LE 6.1.1 - Screw 6.4!
Old 02-21-2004, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Quote:
Making music technical just took the passion out of it.
Hey, I am the same way, I started taking a bunch of theorys classes in college and stuff, and then It became too technical for me. Im not saying that chord structure is a bad thing, not at all, but for some people(like myself) It just doesnt mentally allow enough freedom for me, and I had to abandon it. Id like to learn it, much like yourself, but right now, its not in the cards. I need a better learning process than what my university was offering.

Anyhow, welcome to the board.

=-Ben