Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2022, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Hybrid Engine/ DSP Mode latency issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt mahaffey View Post
I run dense sessions but have to enable the Hybrid Engine to overdub constantly. As soon as i turn Hybrid off, my audio is misaligned. I have found that if i simply click "Setup" and then "Playback Engine" and close the window having changed nothing..... everything aligns back properly. Talk about a ghost in the machine. Try it instead of relaunching the session, might save you some time!
Yes it's not fun when the talent is ready to do another take and you have to "fiddle" with the system to get to play properly.

I had a new one the other day. While tracking players live...playback through the speakers was fine. In there headphones things were delayed and all over the place. I had to restart the session and then it worked as expected.
Old 07-22-2022, 01:09 PM
Avid

Totally fair comment.

We actively track the number of cases associated with bugs. Bugs with higher cases counts tend to get prioritized higher.

I can champion for this to be fixed internally, and have been, but there are always bugs to be fixed and it is always helpful to have your voices formalized and counted in a case.

m
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Old 07-22-2022, 06:27 PM

Default Hybrid Engine/ DSP Mode latency issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Totally fair comment.

We actively track the number of cases associated with bugs. Bugs with higher cases counts tend to get prioritized higher.

I can champion for this to be fixed internally, and have been, but there are always bugs to be fixed and it is always helpful to have your voices formalized and counted in a case.

m

Ok thanks for giving some insight.

Obviously it’s a very corporate way of looking at a problem in a business... squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Maybe you could stress to them the severity of this...it’s not like most bugs that are a slight inconvenience.

It really makes you look bad in front of clients when their performance plays back in a different way than they laid it down.

. I’ve never had an issue that made me want to stop using an avid product in my over 20 years of TDM/HDX systems.

I’ve seen a couple people get rid of their Carbon over this.

I’ll do the same if it’s not sorted sooner than later.

Not that I want to but this negative is starting to out weigh the positive of the product for me.

I’ll submit a support ticket to help roll things along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt mahaffey View Post
I run dense sessions but have to enable the Hybrid Engine to overdub constantly. As soon as i turn Hybrid off, my audio is misaligned. I have found that if i simply click "Setup" and then "Playback Engine" and close the window having changed nothing..... everything aligns back properly. Talk about a ghost in the machine. Try it instead of relaunching the session, might save you some time!
Interesting workaround. Maybe it works that way with Carbon as well.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:50 AM

I experience this issue also. It's sort of the core of what this system is suppose to do. Not a really pro tool...
Old 08-13-2022, 01:32 PM

Workaround: De-activating and Re-activating the track puts it back in sync.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:33 PM

Same issue here. Using Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.7.
Recording drums with 10 enabled DSP track, all goes well. When deselecting the DSP mode, the drums are completely out of sync with the rest of the track (weird delay is being introduced, so it's not just the 10 tracks out of sync with the rest of the song).
Anyone has the correct procedure to open a case at Avid? Thanks!
Old 09-01-2022, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundReplay View Post
Same issue here. Using Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.7.
Recording drums with 10 enabled DSP track, all goes well. When deselecting the DSP mode, the drums are completely out of sync with the rest of the track (weird delay is being introduced, so it's not just the 10 tracks out of sync with the rest of the song).
Anyone has the correct procedure to open a case at Avid? Thanks!
https://my.avid.com/sso/Salesforce
Old 09-01-2022, 03:53 AM

It's worth raising tickets with Avid. They fixed a specific problem I reported with Carbon, just for me!

Dominic
Old 09-01-2022, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
It's worth raising tickets with Avid. They fixed a specific problem I reported with Carbon, just for me!

Dominic
YMMV, none of the issues I reported in the last 4,5 years have been fixed. Not one. All are logged as a bug, case closed without a fix. Some are still causing major issues for us.
Nice to hear others have better experiences though.