Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2000, 02:41 PM

Default CAN\'T RECORD! abitbx133/maxtor7200/why?

PTLE is giving me some serious headaches!!
I have been testing the system by opening NEW sessions and ATTEMPTING to record. It worked maybe once out of 15-20 tries! ALL other times- I record-enable track(s), hit record-- the record button blinks-- but when I hit PLAY-- the light goes out.
RARELY-- it would record. I am setting up sessions the same way-- why does it only work sometimes-- Even if it worked 50% I'd have better odds of actually getting some use out of this thing. I have spent all weekend trying to get it to work.

ALSO-- on those rare occasions when it DOES record-- I often can't play it back. CLICK "PLAY"-- it just sits there.
Can't record additional tracks either-- even if it does record at first.
thought i had it all worked out-- on one test-- recorded EIGHT simultaneous tracks for six minutes straight without an error!!
It played back too! yippee!
but then I hit stop, closed session, tried another. SAME PROBLEM>> record light blinks, goes out when i hit play.then just sits there.
My system:
Pentium III 850
ABit bx-133 RAID motherboard
128mb
2 hard drives: ATA100 7200 rpm MAXTOR
using 1 (20gig) for audio only
I have NO other soundcards besides digi.
I bought this system SPECIFICALLY for DIGI-001-- so this reeally hurts that it doesn't work.
There is no option for "enable DMA" -- or "disable PCI parity"-- i've been told those options aren't available or are already set on my system.
I have enabled "latch record buttons" on the setup menua.

ALSO-- after closing a session-- i have to close protools completely (and often have to re-boot) to launch another session. is this normal??
I am seriously considering returning this thing--
Old 11-26-2000, 03:49 PM

Default Re: CAN\'T RECORD! abitbx133/maxtor7200/why?

You may want to contact Digi tech support.
I've seen some users on here praise the motherboard you are using, and others who just can't get the Digi001 to work with it.

I had contacted Digi tech for advice on a board, and the tech I spoke to told me he has a Abit board at home that he can not use with the Digi001 as well. He said that the hot point controller that the Abit board uses may cause conflicts.

Good luck, and I hope all turns out well for ya!

-Don
Old 11-28-2000, 05:03 AM

Default Re: CAN\'T RECORD! abitbx133/maxtor7200/why?

I have the Abit BE6-II motherboard and haven't had a chance to do extensive testing with ProTools LE yet. However, rather than take a chance with this problem I just went ahead disabled the the UDMA/66 Highpoint onboard controller and replaced it with a Promise UDMA/100 controller. Actually, Maxtor now sells a UDMA/100 controller card that is actually made by Promise and is the same as their Promise UDMA/100 card. flashbak