Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Mac OS X \'Tiger\' compatibility information.

Quote:
Quote:

6 weeks down, anyone thinking that it's gonna be more like 20 weeks before the release is done?
They basically said it will be out around the end of this month which might be like another 10 days or so.
...or early July... which might be like 20 days or so. That's not so bad but damn... it still feels like a freakin' eternity!

I agree, I hate Windows and would use something else IF Digi ever phased out Mac compatibility, as much as I love PT. Good thing that's never gonna happen.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:29 AM

I have to laugh, as it's been a while since I've been back to this forum to read the posts, but it's becoming great entertainment.

If you depend on Pro Tools LE for your livelihood, then hopefully you're not dumb enough to upgrade to a new OS without checking first. For people buying new machines or new hardware, I try to ensure I don't buy stuff right around OS upgrades for this very reason. This is why some studios are still running OS9 - it works for them, and the upside of having a UPS widget on their screen is outweighed by not having a running studio.

Bottom line - don't upgrade your OS until you check your software if music is how you earn your money - take a tip from the pros. Same goes for buying new equipment. Most of us have learned not to buy until after it's been qualified by Digi so that you know a new G5 will run Pro Tools. A trip to the compatability page on this website seems simple enough before making a $1,000+ purchase.

If the update comes at the end of the month, I believe that would be exactly inline with what Digi said as to when they'd deliver the LE update.
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Old 06-18-2005, 11:06 AM

I think Digi should use a brand new thread to release the news of the update so that us losers in this one keep complaining and dont realize that the update was released.. cause I know you all have this thread bookmarked

http://www.Abravemix.com
Old 06-18-2005, 11:18 AM

Quote:
My Tiger upgrade disk has been sitting unused next to my computer, and when I do upgrade I plan to wipe my Mac clean and start a-fresh in 6.9....
Hey Digi TechSup. this is something actually useful that I need to know. I too plan to wipe my system clean and fresh install, however I do NOT want to loose my personal preferences, plug-in settings, ect. in PT. What am I going to need to do in order to install the new updated PT on a fresh system and still retail the feel and customizations of my original PT setup.

Still running 6.4 in panther.

http://www.Abravemix.com
Old 06-18-2005, 12:48 PM

Quote:
If the update comes at the end of the month, I believe that would be exactly inline with what Digi said as to when they'd deliver the LE update.
Exactly. They gave us a timeline of when we would be able to get the update and even though we don't like it, they didn't lie to us. They didn't tell us it would be ready when Tiger shipped and then constantly let us down each week after because it wasn't ready. Just calm down guys, you made it this far and its almost here. Besides, I'm sure they want to get the update out just to shut some people up.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I think Digi should use a brand new thread to release the news of the update so that us losers in this one keep complaining and dont realize that the update was released.. cause I know you all have this thread bookmarked
They did just that over in the TDM forum when it was ready so you can expect the same over here.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:18 PM

Well, I love my MBox, but being the happy amateur that I am, I switched over to Garageband last summer for my little demo projects, and have stayed there ever since. So really, all I need are the updated Core Audio Drivers to run my MBox . . . does anyone know if I'll still need to fork over the upgrade money to get from 6.4 to 6.9 in order to get updated Core Audio Drivers, or will that be a freebie, so that Tiger will recognize the MBox?

Thanks for sharing,

EddieD
Old 06-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Well, I love my MBox, but being the happy amateur that I am, I switched over to Garageband last summer for my little demo projects, and have stayed there ever since. So really, all I need are the updated Core Audio Drivers to run my MBox . . . does anyone know if I'll still need to fork over the upgrade money to get from 6.4 to 6.9 in order to get updated Core Audio Drivers, or will that be a freebie, so that Tiger will recognize the MBox?

Thanks for sharing,

EddieD
I've been running my MBox in Tiger using the current available CoreAudio driver (6.9). No problems so far using it as an I/O interface for GarageBand, Digital Performer 4.52, and Reason 3.0 while I wait for the PT update.

Give it a try!
Old 06-19-2005, 02:09 PM

Cool -- thanks for the tip! I'll try it right away. That is excellent news indeed.

EddieD
Old 06-19-2005, 02:19 PM

Same here - works fine with Peak 4, iTunes, Quicktime, iMovie, Dvd player and Windows Media Player9.

PB 1.25 MBox
OS X 10.4.1

-Z

| iMac 27" 3.2 Ghz Core i3 | 8 GB Ram | Pro Tools Mbox Pro (3) | Lacie d2 Disk Quadra v2.1 1 TB FW | Pro Tools 10.3.3 (always newest update) | MPT2 | OS X 10.8.4 |
Closed Thread