Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 PM

Angry pro tools 8 windows vista home premium????

Why do we have a software company that cannot keep up with operating systems that came out 5 years ago. I had Windows 7 on my computer and could not get the beta version to work with my mbox 2 so I restored it to factory default which happens to be vista home premium 64 bit and wouldn't you know: it doesn't work on that either. My freinds said go buy a Mac. I say if degidesign or avid whatever you want to call it can't come up with a solution to these problems I guess I will just have to move on and never ever ever ever buy another product from this pitiful out of date software comany again. So does anybody have a way to get my system to work

Gateway, SX2800, IntelCore2Quad cpu Q8200 @ 2.33ghz 2.34 GHz, 4.00GB RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit OS

Proptools 8 LE, Mbox 2 Please I just want to use this so far useless crap that I bought from this useless crap of a software company
Old 06-02-2010, 02:03 PM

Default Re: pro tools 8 windows vista home premium????

This software was NEVER developed for a 64-bit Vista OS. Instead of griping, do some research before you buy things. Posts with so many instances of "useless crap" denote to most of us that the attitude is one of magnifying the problem instead of actually seeking a solution. Just sayin'.....
Old 06-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Default Re: pro tools 8 windows vista home premium????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
This software was NEVER developed for a 64-bit Vista OS. Instead of griping, do some research before you buy things. Posts with so many instances of "useless crap" denote to most of us that the attitude is one of magnifying the problem instead of actually seeking a solution. Just sayin'.....
SW I couldnt agree with you more.Some people dont listen anymore and seem to only wnt to make nothing but silly comments.
At the moment this forum is so Uninteresting,its not about learning,its only about a lot of people that dont even know what their talking about,posting silly and stupid comments.there are a couple handfuls of very knowledgeable people on this forum and I wish people would listen to them and learn before they post.

Protools on vista 64bit,whats next?

Shea