Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-30-2008, 10:58 PM

Default Help! Elastic Audio skips crossfades when consolidated

I'm editing some guitar and bass tracks and noticed that crossfades disappears when I consolidate or bounce the region after tweaking with Elastic Audio. It's very weird because this never happened before. I think there is something wrong with my session because it doesn't seem to happen in other ones. Is there anything that I can try to fix this problem? I really need to edit all the tracks very soon.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Help! Elastic Audio skips crossfades when consolidated

You could create a new session, then do import session data and choose your "damaged" session. Then import only a few tracks at a time, it's possible one or more of the tracks are corrupted and causing EA to not work correctly on the corrupted audio. Or you might try just importing all the tracks into a new session file first and seeing if that helps. Then try the track by track method.

I'm just guessing, never actually seen this exact issue. Repair disk permissions and pulling all plug-ins except for stereomixer.dpm and try doing the crossfades with EA again. Possible that a third part plug-in is causing issues, that is common.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:04 PM

I may be mistaken, but I think I recently read something here about EA not working with multiple regions with crossfades. I think the work-around is to consolidate the regions and then go to EA.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:39 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
I may be mistaken, but I think I recently read something here about EA not working with multiple regions with crossfades. I think the work-around is to consolidate the regions and then go to EA.
Correct.

Consolidate your regions first, then EA.
Just duplicate your Playlist first so you can always go back.

Kris
May the music move you