Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Default Pro Tools 9.0.3 "Analyzing audio" message on session close

I've been doing some audio post work lately on my Mac Book pro 13" and i noticed something very strange going on. When i record my audio stems and print master usually a relatively heavy session with a lot of plugins running 35 to 45% CPU usage limit, after recording for up to an hour, the audio recordings are greyed out.

When i try to play, no sound and then when i try to close the session it tells me some tasks are still going on, then analyzing audio. When i disable elastic audio in the tracks, the audio track show up and can be played, but try to close the session, its still analyzing, anyone have any idea whats going on?

This is my typical setup for audio post:
MacBook pro 13", Mac OSX 10.6.7, 2.53Ghz, 8GB Ram
3rd Gen Mbox
Audio Drive OWC FW400, at 7200rpm oxford chipset
Laptop run either open or in clamshell mode with 2 displays via displayport adapter and USB display device
M-Audio BX8 (UK Version)
2.0TB OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro FW400, 7200rpm, 64mb
Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9.0.3 "Analyzing audio" message on session close

I'm having a similar problem - answers please! I find that if you switch to rendered processing the tracks affected will play again, but this processes "Analyzing Audio" have been on for 24 hours now!

Thanks!

Adrian
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 AM

Hi there,

I asked this question a while ago and didn't get any answers, but worked it out anyway. Basically this happens if the processing power of your DAW is not too adequate and/or if your audio drive is slow.

The solution is to switch off elastic audio on all your audio tracks, you do this by clicking on the portion below your volume and pan area with the expanded track in edit view, right next to where you see tick and sample, hit disable elastic audio.

If you will be needing elastic audio which is very useful if you're recording music with midi, I use my rig for audio post so I don't need it, you will need to get a faster computer and/or hard drive.

This happened to me when I was running my studio off a 13" mac book pro, I have an iMac now and that doesn't happen. Most folks over here have HD systems and fast computers, so this probably wouldn't happen with them hence the reason there's been silence on this issue.

Hope that helps.
M-Audio BX8 (UK Version)
2.0TB OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro FW400, 7200rpm, 64mb
Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 PM

I realize this is an old thread but hopefully my reply helps someone.

I had the same "Analyzing audio" message on session close, also after I recorded a track it because grayed-out and would not play back. After hours and hours of mucking about I finally found the solution for me:

A few days ago I had removed some supposedly unused Microsoft packages from my computer (in add/remove programs). It turns out that these were installed during the installation of pro tools and are actually required. To fix it I installed the trial version of Pro tools 11 (to get the Microsoft packages back), then uninstalled it and re-installed my version of LE which came with my M-Audio hardware.

I hope this helps you as this problem was sooo annoying for me. If you haven't removed any Microsoft packages recently perhaps you have removed or added some other software that is affecting Pro Tools.