Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 PM

Default Avid folder will not open

When i click on the Avid folder in my applications on my mac it tells me it cannot be opened because i do not have permission to see its contents. what am i doing wrong this is driving me crazy!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Avid folder will not open

You can change this access by selecting the folder, and then choosing 'Get Info' in the Finders 'File Menu.'

At the bottom of the Get Info Window you will see a 'Sharing and Permissions' Pane with a disclosure triangle. There you can reveal the permissions settings - you want to set the folders permissions to 'Read' or 'Read and Write' depending if you want to just look in the folder or if you want to change or move stuff in it.

The Mac will prompt you to enter an Administrator user name and password to make this change. So you have to have Administrator access to perform this.

Be careful when granting permissions or monkeying too much with that AVID folder, you can make undesirable permanent changes that potentially could cause you to lose data, or have to perform a re-install of Pro Tools.
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.