Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 AM

Default Playback stops at end of timeline selection?

Is it normal that playback stops at end of a timeline selection, I seem to recall that PT7 didn't do this. I find it really annoying as a lot of times I like to work on a loop then play from before the loop until after the loop, but then go back to the loop. It seems like now I have to clear the time line selection to do this. then reselect it again, (drives me almost as nuts as the fact you have to stop playback to turn page scrolling on and of, and that there no key command for it either, better stop there or I'll be here all night!!!). Anyway, back to the point in question, is there any option to make playback independent of the timeline selection? I can't see one.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 10-12-2009, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Playback stops at end of timeline selection?

Thanks, I know could work that way, but funnily enough pre roll doesn't work on my system, any suggestions on that? I'm pretty sure that it's only since PT8 that it's behaved this way, I've been using Protools for a few years now, I wouldn't claim to be an expert, but I know my way around it pretty well.. I don't have to do that in Logic, Cubase, Live or even Reaper all of which I use on a regular basis depending on the job, so I just find it a little annoying.
Anyway thanks for the tip.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Playback stops at end of timeline selection?

Have you unlinked the Time Line and Edit selection by any chance?

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction