Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2015, 08:45 AM

Default AAE -7058 for Trim plugin

Been running only Pro Tools 11.3.1 for many month with no problems. But after installing a couple of 30 day trials for plugins licensed with the same iLok2 as Pro Tools I've had strange errors.

When starting PT and loading the session I work with I get this:

If I later save the details they look like this:

Quote:
Insert E ("Trim") has been made Inactive because a AAE error was encountered.
This plug-in is not authorized. Please contact the manufacturer for authorization information. (AAE -7058).
I tried to run the iLok License Manager and active the licenses on the stick again, but no change.

Sometimes it's another license that has the same error. If I close this very same session without saving and then reopen it, I can for example get an error from "In Tune" or BF-76 ... seems basically any plugin that is active in the session. To me it just seems random. If I open and close the session a couple of time I get a lucky strike and everything works, and I can work for as long as I keep the session open.

Of course this is really bugging me, has anyone got any idea where to look for a solution?
Attached Images
File Type: gif trimAAE.gif (38.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-18-2015, 09:41 AM

Default Re: AAE -7058 for Trim plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble View Post
Been running only Pro Tools 11.3.1 for many month with no problems. But after installing a couple of 30 day trials for plugins licensed with the same iLok2 as Pro Tools I've had strange errors.

When starting PT and loading the session I work with I get this:

If I later save the details they look like this:

I tried to run the iLok License Manager and active the licenses on the stick again, but no change.

Sometimes it's another license that has the same error. If I close this very same session without saving and then reopen it, I can for example get an error from "In Tune" or BF-76 ... seems basically any plugin that is active in the session. To me it just seems random. If I open and close the session a couple of time I get a lucky strike and everything works, and I can work for as long as I keep the session open.

Of course this is really bugging me, has anyone got any idea where to look for a solution?
I haven't been paying attention to details, but I've noticed several comments about iLok issues lately. One in particular pointed to the El Capitan beta not working with iLok.

You may want to try taking it up with Pace.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the tip! I already did, but got this back ...

Quote:
Hello,

This is not an iLok error.

Please contact the software developer of the software you are attempting to use for further information on the use and authorization of their product.

Understand that the software developers are the only ones capable of licensing their products. PACE merely builds the infrastructure for the software publishers to distribute their products in the way that is consistent with their licensing terms.

Best Regards,
[name removed]
iLok.com Technical Support
<http://www.ilok.com>
Old 08-19-2015, 07:20 AM

you might want to rebuild your plugins folder if this is happening with Avid PLugins only .. if you move all Avid plugins into an Unused PLugins (2) folder (named differently than the standard Unused PLugins folder) the program will rebuild all the Avid plugins .. as they really live in the Package Contents in the Pro Tools application. has helped me troubleshoot - you could also uninstall the 30 day demos you have and see if that clears it up ..

i know some say that tossing pref's and rebuilding permissions does nothing but it helps my system ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 08-19-2015, 07:29 AM

Good idea, I'll try that one and get back
Old 08-19-2015, 07:49 AM

Ok, tried to move the the plugins (actually I didn't move all Avid plugins, but some to test, maybe therefore it didn't work?) but they're not regenerated. Instead I get this:

As you see I'm on Win8. Maybe doesn't work the same there ...
Attached Images
File Type: gif inactivated.gif (70.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 AM

mac must work differently .. never seen an install missing the Trim plugin though .. odd ... are there plugin settings folder existing for these 3 plugins - trim, BF76, intune ??

i can email those 3 plugins (unless there is an issue between mac and PC AAX plugins ???)

might need to get out your install disk or DMG file and reinstall PT and the updates to 11.3.1 - the 11.3.1 update alone might do it - i think it is a full installer ..

ADD: i may have a drive that has PC plugins on it .. i did a windows 7 test a couple years ago and that drive is right here ... let me see if they are different _

add2: DID NOT WORK .. i do not have the folders that should be there for a PC in the bootcamp install .. sorry about that ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro

Last edited by john1192; 08-19-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: addition / add 2
Old 08-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Oh, thanks but no problem. If I copy them back everything "works" as usual -- means that I get the errors at random again. Since the plugins work sometimes I guess it's not the plugin files themselves that are the error, but rather the authorization or something with PT.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble View Post
Thanks for the tip! I already did, but got this back ...
Hm, the cynic in me wonders if this is a case of passing the buck?

Since a particular "troublesome" plug-in sometimes works and other times doesn't, my conclusion is that the authorizations must be okay or it would NEVER work. Also the fact that, if I understand you correctly, sometimes it's this plug that fails, other times it's that one.

To me that sounds like a problem with the infrastructure, not any particular authorization (unless one bad one is upsetting the whole system). Of course, I've been know to be wrong from time to all the time.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:48 AM

Yea, I agree ... I'm kind of stuck between the chairs I guess. I might try to reinstall and some other things later when I can take a chance on this getting even more instable :)

They just do this to try to get me to update to 12, but forget about it