Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2022, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Microphone Muffled?

Yea I don't know what's going on. Do you think the power amp is going bad? It's like very bad quality recording. I tried the low latency and it's still the same. It's almost like maybe the dihi 003 is going bad? I tried to record in a different program (samplitude) and it sounds the same, so I know.its not pro tools.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Microphone Muffled?

The only things I can think of are...

You are monitoring though via a low latency monitoring path while tracking and for some reason that's different. Disable low latency monitoring and set the IO Buffer size large so you can hear the latency to be sure it's in software monitoring mode, leave it that way while you record some test tracks.

You are playing back the recorded audio and monitoring at different levels. One of the different levels might sound better to you, often the louder. And it may be easier to do this if you have the record and playback faders are Unlinked (in Preferences>Operation>Record). Measure the output level in the master fader meter and match them for both software monitoring and playback.

You maybe have hidden tracks/routing with plugins on them.

You have a corrupted session, or messed up Pro Tools. Reboot the computer. Trash prefs and try starting with a new empty session (not from template).

You might also find something by poking around with a sine wave from the signal generator plugin driving an output feeding into a mic or line input.