Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2023, 10:35 AM

Default D-Command to S1/Dock/XMON status report

Thursday Report: EVERYTHING WORKS! THANKS TO BScout I have all my ins and outs routed and passing audio through the XMON! I can listen to my HDX card and two separate stereo inputs, I have talk back, listen back, talk back to studio loud speakers, talk back to headphones. It was quite a journey with a lot of wasted time due to 2 defective MIDI interfaces.

The other thing I'm realizing is that the stability of the set up relies a lot on making sure that the iPads stay connected to the proper Wi-Fi router. I had to sign out of iCloud on my iPads to keep them from hopping back to the main building wide Wi-Fi router because of iCloud password sharing. With iCloud signed in even if I disconnected from the main building wide Wi-Fi router and "forgot it" as soon as my EUCON system Wi-Fi router powered off the ipads immediately hopped back onto the main building wide Wi-Fi router . It doesn't do that anymore now that I am signed out of iCloud. I'm going to investigate further to see if I can get into my main building wide Wi-Fi router and disallow connections from those ipads.

WHEW! First session with the new rig tomorrow!
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS