Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2009, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Famous Howlers

Real musicians mistakes or not beat the hell out of the over processed stuff being cranked out today. Also do you have any clue what recording was like back in the analog days especially early 4, 8 and then 16 track. Whole different world and skills from musicians, 2nd engineers, engineers, producers, mastering vinyl. Then the Motown approach with double and triple rhythm section player. Ignoring mastering rules to crank the bass on vinyl. Then Marvin Gaye was so great and first person to put musician credits on his albums at Motown.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:35 PM

I don't think anybody on this thread is of the opinion that these gaffs in anyway ruin the records, quite the contrary.

I personally hate the way the process of making records has become almost identical to the process of creating images in advertising (it's absolutely shocking how few professional photographers have a clue how to make images photochemically these days, even the ones who used to do it seem to have forgotten how).
Old 09-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
I don't think anybody on this thread is of the opinion that these gaffs in anyway ruin the records, quite the contrary.

I personally hate the way the process of making records has become almost identical to the process of creating images in advertising (it's absolutely shocking how few professional photographers have a clue how to make images photochemically these days, even the ones who used to do it seem to have forgotten how).
Sad but true...

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation
Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 AM

K, one from the 80's... total cheese... but at the end of Def Leppard's "Love Bites" something is said... sounds like 'She can go to hell' or something, lol.

Visit us for articles, videos, and forums on game sound design!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:38 PM

http://www.hometracked.com/2007/08/2...ade-the-album/

Warning: This might ruin Since I've been lovin' you for you. *squeak squeak squeak*
Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 PM

At least that clam was ducked somewhat in the original mono mix. (You really don't want any "stereo" Motown from before about 1970.) The mono CD version I have here has the mids eq'd up to death and no bass. The master tape is much darker and better feeling. We actually held up the release because it was so dark but every attempt at topping Cal Harris's dark, rich mix failed. It quickly became our biggest selling record. So much for bad notes!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:21 PM

U2 - Live Under a Blood Red Sky - I think the song is 'Party Girl' - the edge stuffs the end of the guitar solo - and Bono makes a joke about it..."Guitar Hero!?"

Scott