Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2002, 11:28 AM

Default Getting time stamp from DP3 SDII files?

I imported the files ok, but need to sync them up. Also, I'll need to make the sure the vocals I record in PTle will be "syncable" to the original tracks back in DP3. I read here that I can download a SMPTE template, but "spot" mode doesn't work, so will the tracks still say "out of range" in the timestamp area?
Make sense? Track band into DP3, overdubs at my studio in PTle, then give back to other engineer to mix in DP3.
Please lend me your knowledge...thanks.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Getting time stamp from DP3 SDII files?

You don't need to use SMPTE to use spot mode. Make sure when in DP you set user time stamps to your soundbites under the Audio menu. Then in Protools using just normal time (mins & secs) go into spot mode and drag the regions you imported onto a track. The spot dialog will appear with two sections in the bottom that show original and user time stamp. Click the arrow after the user time stamp and him Okay. The region will pop right over to where it belongs.
Old 10-20-2002, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Getting time stamp from DP3 SDII files?

Thanks...my problem was that my clock started at 1hr and his was at zero. Therefore, it was "out of range." Went into 'windows' to 'session setup' and set it to zero. FIXED! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]