Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2023, 12:03 PM

Default External drive issues/ Protools lost Sample Tank selected instruments on tracks

UPDATE: Backup of given arrangement in question is loading the selected Sample tank sounds. Hmmm.

ORIGINAL POST:
Here's what happened.

Moved my sample tank library of sounds over to an external solid state drive. Everything's been working great.

Just the other day, my computer wasn't seeing that drive, and of course neither was Protools.

Unplugged the drive, plugged it back in. Computer sees it again, but...All the selected Sample Tank instruments are now not loading back into the project. This issue has not happened prior. Have shut down, booted back up a number of times. Have also directed the stand alone to the path needed for the Sample tank library. But still nothing has changed with this particular arrangement. I could look at the backup.

I opened up a different project, and luckily Sample tank is showing all of the previously selected instruments. So the issue appears to be just with this one arrangement.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa
Old 02-22-2023, 08:32 PM

Default Re: External drive issues/ Protools lost Sample Tank selected instruments on tracks

Any chance you unintentionally saved the Pro Tools session while exiting with the library link in Sampletank still broken? That would be my first guess.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-24-2023, 12:55 PM

Default Re: External drive issues/ Protools lost Sample Tank selected instruments on tracks

Hi James,

Yeah, that could very likely be.