Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2013, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Avid officially kills Sugar Bytes TransVST

Quote:
Originally Posted by remute View Post
it's not a better or more "authentic experience" simply denying users access to what was previously available.
amen!!!!!!! Irrefutable fact

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I run VSTIs in ReWired in Reaper.
Which is what I do as well. FXpansion's VST-RTAS wrapper worked fine on some VST's...not so much on others. But virtually all of them sit fine within Reaper via Rewire in Pro Tools.

The only thing I can't do - and, sadly, probably never will be able to do, is have my Motif XS editor work in AAX. I highly doubt that Yamaha will ever produce an AXX version of it, even though I'd bet there are thousands of Motif users whose main DAW is PT. The current editor comes in standalone or VST3 format. Unfortunately, VST3 doesn't get us much. I was hoping the TransVST wrapper that SugarBytes had would be a solution...but that's gone bye bye.

But oh how I would LOVE to be able to open up my Motif editor on an instrument track in PT and edit on the fly...would make things go so much faster! Now I have to switch back and forth between the editor and PT or edit off the Motif itself...which is just time consuming. Alas....

Old 06-12-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
But oh how I would LOVE to be able to open up my Motif editor on an instrument track in PT and edit on the fly...would make things go so much faster! Now I have to switch back and forth between the editor and PT or edit off the Motif itself...which is just time consuming. Alas....
Avid is protecting you from the remote possibility of an inauthentic experience - man up and be thankful.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remute View Post
Avid is protecting you from the remote possibility of an inauthentic experience - man up and be thankful.
Always putting the customer first! Thank you so much for forcing me to abandon my efficiently working rtas and vsts! With the price tag of PT11 I am sure nobody will react negatively to strictly aax and aae plugin support.. we are so grateful to have to take an extra step and use a wrapper after we´ve paid good money just to stay current! BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY will surely limit our authentic experience! Ironically, the only plug in types that will work are (get ready for it) the ones that AVID invented!! Surprise surprise! Checkmate! AVID WINS AGAIN! But thank you so much! ¨Where´s my checkbook?¨

¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
Old 06-12-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
amen!!!!!!! Irrefutable fact
One fact to consider is that the new AAE requires plugins to be dual independent buffers. This is huge as it will minimize latency when tracking and reduce the need to change the PB engine all the time. Also plugins will stop the processing hit on the CPU when no audio is flowing through them. We have no idea if problems could be created by introducing plugs not coded for this. To take this as a black and white issue when we have no knowledge about this type of stuff is very naive.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
One fact to consider is that the new AAE requires plugins to be dual independent buffers. This is huge as it will minimize latency when tracking and reduce the need to change the PB engine all the time. Also plugins will stop the processing hit on the CPU when no audio is flowing through them. We have no idea if problems could be created by introducing plugs not coded for this. To take this as a black and white issue when we have no knowledge about this type of stuff is very naive.
Guitardom, your trasher rocks man, but i do not really need to be concerned about the logistics of the programming because I am an audio engineer. Those challenges should be handled by the people who are selling the product. I am simply a customer who is inconvenienced. I am sure there is a way to offer dual compatibility. Maybe it´s not easy, but that would allow people to insert their rtas plugins if they want to. Most people´s computers handle them just fine nowadays. I am using a computer that barely passes recommendations and I work for hours on end with many rtas plugins without one single buffer error. I am not trying to be disrespectful to you, but I am not buying the authentic experience theory based upon my previous stated opinion in my earlier post. All of a sudden we are suppose to develop an RTAS aversion/phobia? I am not alone on this either. That is my two cents.

¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
Old 06-12-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
We have no idea if problems could be created by introducing plugs not coded for this. To take this as a black and white issue when we have no knowledge about this type of stuff is very naive.
Personally I think it's naive in the extreme to think Avid's position on this has anything whatsoever to do with the "customer experience", but hey, there always seems to be someone willing to swallow that line of reasoning.

If we could get our hands on the Sugar Bytes (ironically one of the earliest adopters of AAX and makers of flawless RTAS plugs) wrapper we could all make up our own minds.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlemos View Post
well it's official...tansvst will never see the light of day.

from the sugar bytes kvr forum:
'TransVST has now finally been rejected.'

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...7ee23ab8852205

it seems that avid is commited to limiting it's customer's choices and options. nothing more than corporate bs!

are we customers or numbers on a graph???
very disappointing.

marco
I think it is great that they limit what they want inside PT. Should be a filter.
Should have limited AIR and M-Audio before they ruined everybody's lives.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
I think it is great that they limit what they want inside PT. Should be a filter.
Should have limited AIR and M-Audio before they ruined everybody's lives.
Hey 25ghosts

Nice to see you here onthe forum again!

Haven't seen you in quite some time now ... Welcome home
Best Regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-15-2013, 07:30 PM