Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Where the $*^& is my iLok?

OK, now I'm pissed. I waited 8 months for PT6 to get its bugs worked out, then finally jumped in at 6.4cs9. A week later there's 6.7. Today I try to install 6.7cs1 and now, for no apparent reason, my ilok is invisible. NONE of my (3rd party) plug-ins will authorize. I'm totally at a loss. I tried downloading the latest PACE iLok software, still nothing. Where did they go?

And this is why I was so afraid of OSX. For SOOOO many years things were in the same place, and if you were born and raised on Macs you could count on knowing how to troubleshoot because you had years of experience. Now I feel like I'm in foreign territory.

So, silly me. Friday night and I'm screwed. Nevermind the deadlines or the sessions on the books for tommorrow and Sunday. Who cares, right? All because I was STUPID enough to install the 'latest and greatest' version of Pro Tools.

Does anyone out there in Pro Tools/OSX land have ANY idea what I might try next? ('Go to hell' would be the obvious answer to this, but I'm already there...)
Old 11-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Pro Tools TDM 6.7 Update for HD

Instructions for repairing permissions are included in this thread at the top of the DUC TDM Mac Forum:
OS X/Pro Tools 6.x setup and general troubleshooting

If all of your plug-ins have been installed, and non of the iLok authorizations are being recognized, I would try these things:

Plug the iLok directly into a USB port on your computer if it was plugged into a peripheral, like your keyboard.

Check to see if the light is on inside the iLok.

The Pro Tools 6.7 web update doesn't update your plug-ins, so if they worked on 6.4, they should still be in the same location with 6.7.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:24 PM

Plug the iLok directly into a USB port on your computer if it was plugged into a peripheral, like your keyboard. I DID THIS AND THE SITUATION DIDN'T CHANGE

Check to see if the light is on inside the iLok. IT IS. AND THE ILOK WORKS PERFECTLY WITH PRO TOOLS 5.3.1 ON OS9

The Pro Tools 6.7 web update doesn't update your plug-ins, so if they worked on 6.4, they should still be in the same location with 6.7. THEY WORKED PERFECTLY WITH 6.4 AND 6.7. IT WAS THE UPDATE TO 6.7cs1 THAT CAUSED THEM TO GO AWAY. NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Plug the iLok directly into a USB port on your computer if it was plugged into a peripheral, like your keyboard. I DID THIS AND THE SITUATION DIDN'T CHANGE

Check to see if the light is on inside the iLok. IT IS. AND THE ILOK WORKS PERFECTLY WITH PRO TOOLS 5.3.1 ON OS9

The Pro Tools 6.7 web update doesn't update your plug-ins, so if they worked on 6.4, they should still be in the same location with 6.7. THEY WORKED PERFECTLY WITH 6.4 AND 6.7. IT WAS THE UPDATE TO 6.7cs1 THAT CAUSED THEM TO GO AWAY. NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.
Are you using more than one iLok?

This same thing happened to me in 6.4 after I installed the latest version of the Pace iLok extension/driver. I went to syncronize one of my iLoks, so I went to ilok.com, it told me I had an old version of their extension and I needed the newest one, downloaded it and syncronized...after I was done I put in my second ilok (that has Mach 5 on it) and started protools. None of my plugins were recognized (including my disk authorized Waves plugins) except for Mach 5 . I pulled the second Ilok out and tried again and all my plugins were back again...I shut down and tried again with both iloks and only mach 5 was recognized.

Maybe this is happening with you...my solution was to put both iloks next to each other in the USB hub. Previously I had one ilok in the hub and the other directly into the computer.

Don't know if this will help you or not but try it and see...Who knows, maybe the 6.7cs1 update also installs the newest Pace drivers and that's why you're getting the same problem I had with 6.4??? *shrug*

Derek Jones Linkedin
Megatrax Recording Studios
Megatrax Studios Yelp Page
A-list Music Artist Page
Old 11-23-2004, 01:57 AM

I have the same problem and it drives me Crazy I pray evertime I Start up the computer that my Midi IO will go online

I have done everything possible it just comes and goes

I even sent the unit into gigi and they said it was fine

Althought I am on PT 6.2.3

This is the same problem
Old 11-24-2004, 10:23 PM

i attempt to make an mp3

in PTHD 4 on a 933 quicksiver

i change my mind about the name of the file and bail and the bottom blue horizontal scroll bar turns gray and must be relaunched to re draw itself

this happens at other times too

only one kernal panic so far

fairly stable in that way

Old 12-09-2004, 11:04 AM

We currently have protools HD with software version 6.2.3. Ive seen all the new features on 6.7 and the look good but whats really important is how stable is 6.7. Is 6.7 better than 6.2 as far as how well it runs? what changes were made to fix problems in versions before 6.7? has anyone noticed any difference good or bad?
Old 12-16-2004, 10:55 AM

I did have problems with midi i/o to be recognized after installing 6.7,I got it sorted by reinstalling the driver ,restarting the mac and then going into the midi setup,the device was still offline and pressing panic/reset on the midi i/o didn't work,but after unplugging and replugging the usb cable,THEN pressing panic/reset and scan midi devices in the setup window it was all sorted.
hope this helps...
Old 12-27-2004, 11:07 AM

Well I took the plunge and installed PT6.7 with the latest CS and the first thing I noticed is that the mixer window takes longer to load... I'll live with it, whatever... Well the next thing I noticed was weird... A couple times while recording vocals yesterday the interface would freeze but the audio would still play and not only the interface freezing but the LED lights on the 192 IO would freeze as well but the audio was still playing... Only until I hit the stop button did the interface & led's change to normal. WTF?!
Old 12-27-2004, 01:09 PM

Actually I'm on crack, the leds on the 192IO are fine... it's some sort of drawing issue with the interface.