Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-03-2015, 07:00 PM

Default Re: STRIKE content not found in ML [solved]

Jeffro, I know this is a really old post but just encountered the same problem. Running Pro Tools 10.3.10 on a Mac Pro running OS 10.8.5. Is there anyway to get Strike to see contents (Strike 1.5.1) other than completely reinstalling Pro Tools 10 and then Strike?
Old 11-03-2015, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Strike reinstall?

That's strange - I had to buy my Strike version 1 as a separate purchase - it didn't come with Pro Tools. Are you the original owner of Strike? The Promo Code must have the email address you originally used for your purchase. Before you give up on this route, email AIR Music Tech support and state your case - they might be able to help you.

Alternatively, you might want to keep your eye on Avid’s Buy & Sell
http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
for a cheap version of 2.0.2 upwards – then apply a free update to 2.0.6 via http://www.airmusictech.com/product/strike-2#updates

In the meanwhile – why not reinstall Strike version 1.0.2 (or the initial Strike version 1 in your Avid account) – then update it to
Strike version 1.5.1 – the Installers are here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...e-release-info

Big download etc. – but a reinstall might be your only option for now.

Last edited by unkJE; 11-03-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:28 PM

Default Re: STRIKE content not found in ML [solved]

Saw this - copy this link to your Browser::

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/fr/Troubleshooting/fr287471

Download the Strike Pref Installer - copy this link to your Browser:

http://secure.digidesign.com/services/avid/kb/downloads.cfm?digiArticleId=24474&localeCode=en

Downloads
• Strike Pref Installer [0.01 MB]

Last edited by unkJE; 11-03-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: can't click & open links - but you can copy & paste
Old 11-03-2015, 09:35 PM

Success per your previous post (at least I think so!). Downloaded the 4 parts of Strike version 1.5 from my account. Removed the old contents folder and reinstalled. The first time I did it I put everything on my main drive---Strike worked. Tried to move content to my second drive using Set_ Strike_Content_Location then it stopped working. Did it all again but selected the second drive for content during the installation. Strike appears to be up and running. Didn't have to mess with the Strike Pref Installer. Thank you for all your help unKJE, couldn't have done it without you.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:16 AM

Glad to help - it's great to see you're all OK - and good-on-you for not giving up!

Down the track - the latest Strike lets you import your own audio - so if you see a cheap one floating by .....