Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 02-18-2010, 12:07 AM

Default Pro Tools 7 Doesn't Start

Hi, I'm Gonzalo from Argentina, and i've recently bought an M-Audio Fast Track USB. I installed the drivers that came with it and used it for a while with cubase SX3. After a few days, I decided to install de Pro Tools 7 Demo version, that came with it. I did all the steps i was told, but after rebooting mi PC, I tried to open Pro Tools but nothing happened.
I did everything, including:
_ changing the instalation folder
_ downloading the latest drivers.
_ uninstalling the Fast Track and instaling the drivers from the M-Audio website.
_ installing Pro tools without installing any driver and then istalling those from the fast track.

In my first tries, an error that said that Microsoft Visual 2005 Redistributable couldn't be installed, but then I downloaded it from microsoft website and in the following instalations this error dissaperared, but Pro Tools didn't start anyway.

I don't know what to do, i've tried everything, and i can't figure it out what is wrong, so thanks in advance for your responses.

Gonzalo

pd:

I have a Intel core 2 Duo, 2.00Ghz.
2gb of ram, and 800 gb divided in two HDDs.
Windows XP Professional SP3
Old 02-19-2010, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7 Doesn't Start

nobody?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:19 PM

If you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed now, uninstall Pro Tools and re-install it. I think that Microsoft software is a pre-requisite for ProTools.
And make sure you do not have Internet Explorer 8 installed. IE8 is not compatible with ProTools and will cause it not to launch.
M-Audio Firewire 410 via Digi-Qualified SIIG FireWire 2-Port ExpressCard {NN-EC2012-S1}
Glyph 050Q 500GB via eSATA
Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenicrecords
If you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed now, uninstall Pro Tools and re-install it. I think that Microsoft software is a pre-requisite for ProTools.
And make sure you do not have Internet Explorer 8 installed. IE8 is not compatible with ProTools and will cause it not to launch.
Thanks scenicrecords, it was the IE8! now PT starts perfectly!