Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2023, 07:49 PM

Default Re: New PT Prefs helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
2.2.1 is up

Hopefully fixed the date sorting issue on other systems, which ended up being quite complicated.

Also, you can now scan AU/VST/VST3 plugins. The type is displayed (and saved with Excel export).

Cheers,
Pete
Thanks Pete!!!

Gregory Ives
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 04-20-2023, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Nicely done. Sorting great.
And the "show website" is a nice little trick (was this there before and I didn't notice?)
Good, glad it's ordering things correctly now!

The Show Website is a relatively recent addition. It doesn't necessarily get every manufacturer correct. Any errors... report them to me and I'll add them to the list.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 04-20-2023, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthm View Post
Nice!

Thanks Pete!

Would it be possible to also add the size of each plugin on the list and the total size of each plugin format on our drives at the bottom?

Sorry if this has been asked before!
Hmmmm, no this hasn't been asked for and is a good idea. Don't need it personally but I can obviously see the use for it. I'll add it to the list.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 04-21-2023, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Hmmmm, no this hasn't been asked for and is a good idea. Don't need it personally but I can obviously see the use for it. I'll add it to the list.

Cheers,
Pete
That is great news

Thanks again man

Nicholas_
(16GB RAM, 1TB SSD internal)
Samsung T7 x a few
Samsung 980 Pro x 2 (in Acasis TB/USB 4 enclosures)
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (my hero)
Old 04-22-2023, 11:19 AM

The update now properly sorts plugins by date. Thx Pete!

One suggestion: when hitting the backup pref button, I was expecting some sort of notification to tell me that the backup had been performed successfully. Instead, the button went grey for a few seconds then came back to its default state. I assumed the backup was made but had to check the folder to confirm. The simplest of confirmation notifications for this step would be a plus.
Old 04-23-2023, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
One suggestion: when hitting the backup pref button, I was expecting some sort of notification to tell me that the backup had been performed successfully. Instead, the button went grey for a few seconds then came back to its default state. I assumed the backup was made but had to check the folder to confirm. The simplest of confirmation notifications for this step would be a plus.
Hey Eric,
Yeah, good point. I'll have a look at that.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 04-24-2023, 10:01 AM

Thanks Pete. love the program.
It does however take many clicks now to do what used to take only one. The old version had a list of check boxes that determined what was going being trashed. If you deselected "PT User pref" it stayed off, making a trashing quick and simple (open the program and click trash).
As it is now, you need to click the 12 or so different options to trash everything BUT the user preferences. (Which i have found never creating any issues with the software? This seems more complicated than the earlier versions.
The good news is every time i complain on here about a feature , I send you more donations.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompers2022 View Post
Thanks Pete. love the program.
It does however take many clicks now to do what used to take only one. The old version had a list of check boxes that determined what was going being trashed. If you deselected "PT User pref" it stayed off, making a trashing quick and simple (open the program and click trash).
As it is now, you need to click the 12 or so different options to trash everything BUT the user preferences. (Which i have found never creating any issues with the software? This seems more complicated than the earlier versions.
The good news is every time i complain on here about a feature , I send you more donations.
Don't worry, I have taken this on board, the next release will have something.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 06-09-2023, 11:32 AM

Hi Pete!

Small addition request: Can you please add the Option+Up/Down Arrow command to go to the top and bottom of the app? That'd be great!

Thanks man_
(16GB RAM, 1TB SSD internal)
Samsung T7 x a few
Samsung 980 Pro x 2 (in Acasis TB/USB 4 enclosures)
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (my hero)
Old 06-26-2023, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthm View Post
Hi Pete!

Small addition request: Can you please add the Option+Up/Down Arrow command to go to the top and bottom of the app? That'd be great!

Thanks man_
Hey,
Can you explain further? Do you mean to go to different tabs/pages of the app?

Cheers,
Pete