Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-28-2005, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Let me get this straight..

A-MEN StadiumRocker!

Get over it? You losers need to stop telling people to stop whining and stop your robotic defense of PT. When users voice their opinions about weak points in a Digi system, the more likely Digi are to know about it and fix it.

You guys must love spending thousands of dollars for your PT systems and running into lame limitations.

CS

Quote:
Quote:
Dude, wipe that LE off your face and stop whining! It's like a woman who gets an "enhancement" and then complains that she doesn't fit into her old bra.
Man. I can't believe how many jerks there are on this forum. Somebody complains about a lack of functionality, and a bunch of bimbos pile on to the guy defending the fact that RTAS isn't well integrated into the TDM environment. Why? Do you guys want your software to suck? This forum is saturated with people who seem bent on defending Digi against any criticism, no matter how deserved. How bizarre.

I also agree that the RTAS limitations in the TDM environment are totally lame. Many very cool RTAS plugins have been developed in the past few years, and the real problem is that Digidesign has been way behind the curve in recognizing that TDM/HD users need the same functionality that LE users have with RTAS plugins in order to use them. Voce is bang on with his criticism. Fortunately, I have heard that a solution is coming soon.

RobMacki...grow up.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:48 AM

my 96 Bravada has air conditioning, power windows, power this and power that. my 79 Bronco does not. ones a real vehicle and the other is disposable garbage.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 AM

Quote:
my 96 Bravada has air conditioning, power windows, power this and power that. my 79 Bronco does not. ones a real vehicle and the other is disposable garbage.
And if your 79 Bronco had the ability to roll down the windows while driving, and your 'upgraded' 96 Bravada required you to stop the car before rolling them down, or wait 8 seconds before they'd start rolling down (ala HD's ridiculous inability to seamlessly instantiate plugins during playback), you'd be pretty annoyed.

Or, if your 79 Bronco came with (for the sake of argument) a CD player, but your 'upgraded' 96 Bravada would *only* allow playback of SACD or DVD-A, not those formats PLUS regular CDs (ala HD's ridiculous inability to play RTAS plugins on aux tracks or MASTER FREAKING FADERS), you'd probably be pretty annoyed, too.

Nice analogy tho, biff. I wasn't aware that anyone actually bought a Bravada when they were on the market.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:27 AM

OK, bad analogy and i did miss the features you miss but it's nothing I havent forgot about. You'd be even more pissed if you couldnt do fades while playing which is the way it is in TDM in OS9 but i got over it. It's like getting a girl that doesnt screw as good as the last. but the new bitch can cook and does the laundy whereas the last one was pretty lazy and inconsiderate.

and the bravada is a pretty decent car actually. has the vortec v6. but I still prefer my 351 cleveland.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:31 AM

go back to LE. Plain and simple. HD offers more I/O, and 3 types of plugs AS, RTAS, TDM. If you like LE so much, keep it and stop complaining to DIGI. Unless of course you want to re-write the DAE code yourself, and test it yourself. This has turned into the DBC Digidesign Bellyaching Conference. Yeesh.

I'd rather be mixing with my extended track count than post some BS that you know the markenting dept at Digi could give a **** about. Remember, like yourself, digi is in business to make money, not give stuff away. If you like native so much, there's always Logic.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:37 AM

Quote:
go back to LE. Plain and simple. HD offers more I/O, and 3 types of plugs AS, RTAS, TDM. If you like LE so much, keep it and stop complaining to DIGI. Unless of course you want to re-write the DAE code yourself, and test it yourself. This has turned into the DBC Digidesign Bellyaching Conference. Yeesh.

I'd rather be mixing with my extended track count than post some BS that you know the markenting dept at Digi could give a **** about. Remember, like yourself, digi is in business to make money, not give stuff away. If you like native so much, there's always Logic.

Nice logic.

Not.

Sure, I'll just deal with it. No reason I should ask them to FIX THE DAMN THINGS, now should I? Silly me, wanting to be able to do the things "mere" $1000 host programs can do IN ADDITION to my new $15K TDM system. What was I thinking?! Of COURSE, the only solution is to just DEAL WITH IT! Eureka!

Tool. Sorry you're feeling like you need to justify your investment so much.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 AM

whatever...

I'm fine with the way it works. 90% of my plugs are TDM, so I guess I don't miss RTAS. Didn't have 'em before, so I don't care. Have you tried contacting the plug manufacturer to see if they offer an HTDM version of the same plug? Have you tried to use other plugs to achieve the same effect? Maybe change the input signal chain to achieve the "warmth" you need to add with the "Vintage Warmer"? Oh, wait, it appears you don't like change. Sorry to hear that. AND I did not have to resort to insulting you.

Best of luck with your HD3 that you paid CASH for.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:51 AM

Quote:
whatever...

I'm fine with the way it works. 90% of my plugs are TDM, so I guess I don't miss RTAS. Didn't have 'em before, so I don't care. Have you tried contacting the plug manufacturer to see if they offer an HTDM version of the same plug? Have you tried to use other plugs to achieve the same effect? Maybe change the input signal chain to achieve the "warmth" you need to add with the "Vintage Warmer"? Oh, wait, it appears you don't like change. Sorry to hear that. AND I did not have to resort to insulting you.

Best of luck with your HD3 that you paid CASH for.
Read the rest of the thread for the answers to your questions.

I have done all this. Not that I should have to. It should not even be an issue. Hence my anger.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I'm fine with the way it works. 90% of my plugs are TDM, so I guess I don't miss RTAS.
You're missing out on a lot of really cool plugins. There's a lot of great RTAS stuff out there these days (Izotope, Nomad Electronics, Ohmboys, etc) and getting HD to work well with RTAS is a must.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:48 AM

why cant ya just put those plugs on audio tracks? those arent 2 track programs are they?