Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 02-01-2023, 07:02 AM

Default Logic Pro crashes if connected with S6

Hey guys,

pardon me if there's some info on this, but I haven't managed to find it so far:

We're running PT with HDX and S6 in the main room. Logic Pro in another room. Some time ago we started to also run Logic in the main room and ran into a quite annoying problem:

Once you do some changes to your mixer layout in Logic, like adding or rearranging tracks, you have to wait a couple of seconds before touching anything until S6 has arranged all the channels and the MM Home Screen. If not Logic crashes immediately, sometimes WS Control will go with it. Sometimes even immediately without you touching anything. Sometimes even small things like moving plugins or setting multiple tracks into rec mode will trigger the crash. Happens almost exclusively if the MM is on the Home Screen (not if eg "settings" menu is open). Logic then gives back "Logic was crashed during the use of EUCON plugin"-ish.

So I guess it's some kind of communication error between Logic and EUCON if too much information is transferred simultaneously. In PT everything works as usual.

We've tried pretty much anything we could thing of so any help would be appreciated.

We run 6,1 Mac Pros with Mojave and latest versions of PT, Eucon/Drivers and Logic.

Thanks so much already,
best,
Julian
Old 02-02-2023, 08:44 AM
Avid

Default Re: Logic Pro crashes if connected with S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCollet View Post
Hey guys,

pardon me if there's some info on this, but I haven't managed to find it so far:

We're running PT with HDX and S6 in the main room. Logic Pro in another room. Some time ago we started to also run Logic in the main room and ran into a quite annoying problem:

Once you do some changes to your mixer layout in Logic, like adding or rearranging tracks, you have to wait a couple of seconds before touching anything until S6 has arranged all the channels and the MM Home Screen. If not Logic crashes immediately, sometimes WS Control will go with it. Sometimes even immediately without you touching anything. Sometimes even small things like moving plugins or setting multiple tracks into rec mode will trigger the crash. Happens almost exclusively if the MM is on the Home Screen (not if eg "settings" menu is open). Logic then gives back "Logic was crashed during the use of EUCON plugin"-ish.

So I guess it's some kind of communication error between Logic and EUCON if too much information is transferred simultaneously. In PT everything works as usual.

We've tried pretty much anything we could thing of so any help would be appreciated.

We run 6,1 Mac Pros with Mojave and latest versions of PT, Eucon/Drivers and Logic.

Thanks so much already,
best,
Julian
Is your Logic version 10.7.7 ? Apple did fix a bug for this recently. Also Monterey and up are better supported by Logic.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:49 AM

Hey Eddie,

Thank you! Yes, updated to Monterey and 10.7.7 recently, I have the feeling the responsibility is slightly better and I can put a little more workload on it before crashing, but still the same core problem…
Old 02-02-2023, 01:55 PM
Avid

If you are fast on it we do see it still having issues. Will report to Apple again.