Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-03-2005, 01:13 PM

Default recording midi

question about recording midi drums...

Is there anyway to record on one track bass drum for example on beat one througout the song...then go back on the same track and record snare on beat 3, on a midi keyboard without erasing the bass drum that I already recorded on beat 1??

2nd question, how can I line up the bass drum so it falls on exactly 1?? If I'm a little off cna I just nudge it over a hair, if I use beat detective will it take care of it??

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: recording midi

On the transport, you see 2 arrows merging into one. It allows you to add midi parts to same track without erasing previous midi information.

Quantize if you want kick exactly on 1.

Beat detective can be a pain in the ass I heard.

bye
Old 11-03-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: recording midi

If you want to, you can record them all onto separate tracks first and then use Edit>Merge Paste to combine them. This can actually make it easier to edit individual parts without messing up the others and then when you're finished quantizing and what not, you can merge them together.

You can also use the hand tool to slide an individual hit where you want it if you dont want to quantize everything.

will