How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-30-2019, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools reinstatement plans axed from Jan 1st 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Fully aware of this. Pretty sure that the only people we're truly annoyed at are in the executive suite.
Spot on!
Old 11-30-2019, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the understanding guys and i didn’t mean to point a finger at anyone and say shut up! I just asked that we dont get this thread closed as it has happened before when people (me included) starts to go off topic too much but I am 100% with you that the transparency is non existant and having users guessing all the time what we need to pay for next release or renewal is really annoying and unfair IMO. Avid should let us know when the target for Catalina support for example is planned so we can make a proper informed decision kn what to buy and what not to buy and so on.

All the secrecy and hush hush is not how I would ever run my company and with very FEW TWEAKS Avid would be a GREAT company and keep us all wanting more but this is not the correct way of pleasing paying customers wheather you have 50 HD licenses or 1 Vanilla license. Should not matter one bit! A customer is a customer and played correctly the ones who have not invested a lot yet would probably do so way more later on in life and stay loyal but with this way of treating the shrinking customerbase people are too informed these days and have never had so much choices and they will look elsewhere.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-30-2019, 12:50 PM

This is actually a great question. My answer was a guess. Can we get a mod or admin to chime in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by appledude View Post
But how long can we take to use the reinstatement? Five years? Or more.

Sweetwater has the reinstatement for $199 right now.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:53 PM

I am so angry with myself, that i jumped after my tdm experience into HDX.
The only way to use the DSPs is Protools Ultimate. Now Avid makes the next step to destroy their perpetual licence option. Why is this change necessary??? Every perpetual owner paid 2499 $ for PTU. Is this not enough... The most users are paying this 399 yearly "nonsense"... So why is avid making this move. Do they need more money... 2499+399 per year is not enough???... Avid want to copy Adobe and they think, they will get more money with subscription...

I have more PTU licences, but i think, i will fade out the rest and keep only one PTU licence with the plan, cause i am a HDX User and i stay with it, but Avid is dead for me now. I have Cubase Pro, Logic X, Live... And i will change my workflow and keep Protools for mixing. I am an oldschool guy and i have no problem to pay for upgrades like Cubase Pro 10.5 and more, cause for 59 $ Steinberg brought more features, than protools in 2 years... Padshop 2, spectral comparison Eq to compare the tracks and more... Avid is so slow with updates and new features... I remember, that Avid said; The change to yearly fees help to deliver bug fixes and new features faster, than the upgrade system. So the truth is. The whole process is as slow as with the upgrade system... I will use my HDX System, but slowly i will change everything... Nuendo is a good alternative in Post Pro and for composing and producing music, Cubase or Logic or even Studio One are better choices... Protools will die. Maybe Media Composer is the main "horse" in Avids product cosmos...
Old 11-30-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
As soon as they fix issues of Eucon with Nuendo or Logic it’s bye, bye from me also... sorry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been using EuCon with LPX and Nuendo 10.x and it works great, so there is no reason not to jump if that is the reason you're staying with Avid, I personally use Eucon with all 3 DAWS
Windows 10 Pro
2013 MacBook Pro Retina i7 Quad-core, 16gb ram.
Mac OSX 10.11.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory 128 GB 1866 MHZ DDR3
Graphics AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

PT Ultimate 2022.4.0 on Mac
PT Ultimate 2020.12 on Windows
Logic Pro X 10.6
Nuendo 12.0
1_Antelope Audio_Orion Synergy Core Studio
Old 04-27-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgssc View Post
I will say again, the only thing worth reinstating my perpetual Ultimate license is to unblock the 32 I/O limit for standalone (no HDX, no HD Native). Although they have now issued an ultimatum and a deadline to me, I will just simply reiterate my request.

Avid, please give Ultimate customers 128 I/O or more in standalone (Core I/O and ASIO). All of your competitors allow at least this much I/O in their top-tier offering - my daily driver is Nuendo now and it has 256. Would love to come back, but I'm not going to pay for HD/HDX hardware in 2019 or beyond.
Quoting myself to say I put my money where my mouth was. As of yesterday, Ultimate supports 256 I/O with Core I/O on Mac. I had purchased a reinstatement code when they had the 50% off sale a few months ago, and redeemed it this morning. I also bought a new vanilla perpetual license back when they upped the Core I/O limit to 64 last June. The Ultimate update now is worth it because my primary audio device is the Focusrite RedNet PCIeR card which is 128 I/O at 96KHz. Now I don't have to do unnatural channel mappings in Dante Controller just to make everything fit in the first 64. Personally I am happy with this outcome.