Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM

Default Move the red diamond in the tempo bar in the edit window, only some tracks move

Sorry for the weird title, not enough space. Basically when I go to the Edit window, at the top in the tempo bar there's a red diamond I can move around left and right. The issue is, only some of my tracks move with it when I do that, while some don't. Is there any reason this would be happening? A setting I have on but don't realize perhaps? I've attached a link to a screenshot to show you the red diamond I'm referring to.

http://imgur.com/sIFmsGH
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Move the red diamond in the tempo bar in the edit window, only some tracks move

Probably because you don't have all the tracks set to Tick-based. It's the button in the lower lefthand corner of each track listed in the Edit Window. Sample-based is the blue round icon, and Tick-based is the green triangle. You may have to increase the size of the track overview to see them all at once, but some of yours are set to Sample-based.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 02-21-2013, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Move the red diamond in the tempo bar in the edit window, only some tracks move

Thank you so much! Works perfectly now : )