Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2009, 03:52 AM

Default Is there a Bug® with recalling zoom settings??

Digi,

I've been working with V8.0 (now on cs3) for a few weeks now and one thing is driving me crazy. Has something come unstuck with the way zoom settings are recalled??

This is the way my work flow proceeds (been working this way since memory locators first arrived). I use "Classic" mode for my numeric keypad. A simple scenario would be saving memory locator number "3" as a zoom right out to the whole song, number "6" as a midway zoom level and number "9" as a close in zoom (Time Properties 'None', General Properties 'Zoom Settings' only obviously).

Now, say I'm zoomed in to memory locator number "9" right up close and I wanna jump back out to view the whole song, when I hit "3" period to recall the zoom I saved as "3", it only jumps part the way out towards the correct zoom and then a further "3" period will go another step towards full zoom out, then finally after a third recall of memory "3", I get to where it should be. Huh??? It happens with any slightly further out zoom I recall. For instance to zoom out from "9" to "6" will take maybe two steps only, but to get all the way out from close to wide, can take up to three goes. This is not how 7.4 etc used to work.

Cheers

BP
Old 06-18-2009, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Is there a Bug® with recalling zoom settings??

Ooops,

Forgot my system configuration.

Intel MacPro 2.8/8 core with HD3 PCIe, OSX10.5.7, PT V8.0cs3, 1 X 192, Sync I/O.

Cheers

Steve Bush
Old 06-20-2009, 01:29 PM

Digi,

Another question related to Memory Locators. When I delete a location from the Mem Loc window, they all seem to shuffle their numbers down one "Slot Number". Is this right?? For instance if I delete slot number "1", my zoom recalls of "3", "6" and "9" become "2", "5" and "8". Once again, Huh???

I'm convinced something's been broken here.

Overall, loving V8.0 by the way and so far none of the colour and contrast complaints have bugged me at all once I got used to the new look. I have the occasional crash, most of which I've seen discussed here somewhere, so I'm happy just to plow on and wait for revisions when U guys and girls get them done.

Cheers

Steve Bush
Old 06-23-2009, 03:39 AM

Bumping.

Digi??
Old 06-23-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
Another question related to Memory Locators. When I delete a location from the Mem Loc window, they all seem to shuffle their numbers down one "Slot Number". Is this right?? For instance if I delete slot number "1", my zoom recalls of "3", "6" and "9" become "2", "5" and "8". Once again, Huh???
Hey Steve,
If you choose to "clear" the marker, instead of "deleting" it, it will retain your previous memory slot numbers.

HTH...

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 06-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Doc,

Yes man. You're so right. What a doofus I am! Head full of new V8.0 stuff has made me forget my basics. Thanks mate.

Digi, still waiting on an answer to my original question. I know you're here somewhere, coz you're replying on other threads.

I shan't be ignored!

Cheers

Steve B
Old 06-25-2009, 01:19 AM

Bumping......
Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 AM

Cross pollination thread-bug!

I, too am seeing the zoom-bug. I often use a couple of 'selection' markers in addition to standard navigation markers. Mostly for the bounce, I'll use a number like 100 and that will remember the selection of the bounce, the track height, etc. Most of the time, 100 has no problems. But if 101 is to show me the 1st Chorus, and it's supposed to remember that i want to see from 1st Chorus to the Re-Intro, sometimes it won't show right the first time. I'll have to .101. Again to have it center correctly. Doesn't seem to be an issue when it's the whole tune zooming out (almost like double clicking the magnifying glass), but more when zooming to the third or fourth level.

I should also mention that I use the 5 levels of zoom - I set them up pretty quickly around the same playback as I drop all the markers. This way I can easily zoom out to a section-sized-zoom, the whole track, etc. So I'm not using markers just for zoom level, I use the shortcuts to zoom level and the 'R' and 'T' keys, mostly. Just thought I'd add that I see this as well!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Avid

I'm having this looked into and will report back as soon as I have any further info.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:34 PM

Digi,

Thanks. I said thanks on the other thread too. Sorry to hijack that one.

Cheers

SB