Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2009, 12:14 PM

Default HD not a stable platform? ADC issue + more! Help!

Hi, long time viewer, first time poster. I've hit what could be a hardware problem and i'm a little freaked. I'm also a little upset that im having these issues at all seeing as how we pay big $ for HD to not have to worry to much about these things. Hopefully its user error here, I'll eat my words.

I have an HD 1 Pci-x system running 7.4 on a Dual 2.7 PPC G5 Mac using an Lynx Aurora 8 as converters.

The system is pretty stable for the most part, but it has certainly been a little glitchy lately.

The big problem im having, that i'm worried might be hardware related is that ADC does not seem to be working correctly at all.

I was mixing yesterday and I threw a waves c4 plug on one of my kick drum tracks and noticed it immeadiatly started to phase. I checked to make sure ADC was on and it was. Opened up ADC view in the mix window knowing the plug falls WAY under the 4000+ samples that ADC can fix and noticed that the numbers were not lining up at all. Uhg...

For instance, the delay on some tracks would be at like... 653 and the copensation would only be like 148. What? Also some tracks were showing compensation of like 400 samples for tracks with no delay.
SHould I have to use offset constantly, and if so, tsk tsk digi. That should be automatic.

All my settings seem to be in order...CPU usage, Buffer size (at 512 I belive) etc.. just about all of em are at default.

Oh and I'm mainly using RTAS. is that an issue?

Please help!