Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Can I ask for songs?

Hi, guys, I haven't been around much lately, but some of you may remember me from a while back. I'm that really helpful, nice, and handsome guy you all love so much!

I'm actually here as a favor to some friends, who have a tv show called 'OH, The Humanity!'
You can see most of the bits on www.ohthehum.com (go to the episodes tab and start with episode 3. Try 'Trotsky and Hutch' or 'Dance for Grandma')
They have started putting together a dvd of some of their best shows, and while the production quality isn't the greatest thing in the world, it is damn funny, and a unique style of comedy. So now that they're trying to put together a commercial dvd, they are up against some licensing problems, most notably music. Some of the bits use songs or parts of songs that they like, but aren't able to pay to use, so they have to be replaced before the selling begins.

Which is where you come in... if there's anyone that has good songs that can be used for background music, and doesn't mind being paid only in credit or the outrageous fame of being associated with the early days of a budding young comedy group, please let me know. You can email me at [email protected] or post back here with your info. I'm most specifically looking for something to replace 'battle flag' in the 'Trotsky and Hutch' bit, so if you have something that matches that in speed and style, buco props to you. Otherwise, most rock, punk, indie, hardcore music wanted, but there's a large need for music, so any and all are welcome.

Again, no one will be paid, but you will get credit in the credits, and you will receive our undying thanks, plus if you're a rediculously attractive chick and you're in Seattle, I'll have vigorous whoopee with you. Otherwise, just the credit and the thanks.
-Olaf