Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2003, 06:45 PM

Default pre & post roll on punchin- not getting any pre-roll!

cheers for any help.
I'm having some problems with the punch in. I'm setting it all up as per the manual advice (I think!), adding the pre and post roll in the transport window, but when it comes to record the punch, there is no pre roll ...
I just searched for this in the answer base and the response was there is a 2 second delay before it rolls? Is this right? I'm pretty sure I've had it recording for more than 2 seconds with still no roll ... there's rock but no roll!!! hehehe
Any help would be sweet
cheers

mp
Old 01-22-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Re: pre & post roll on punchin- not getting any pre-roll!

When I use punch recording, which is often, I have zero problems. Instead of setting it via the transport, I use it with command+clicks in the region to be punched into; this technique is also called out in the manual. You might want to try that.

Your punch points should show as little green flags in the ruler bar or whatever its called, near the top of your screen.

I've not had any difficulty punching in and out using this technique. Have you tried lengthening the amount of punch time?

Joseph
Old 01-22-2003, 07:04 PM

Default Re: pre & post roll on punchin- not getting any pre-roll!

thanks Joseph,
I'm not getting any green flags coming up. So I use the command button and then mouse click in the region where I want the pre-roll to start?
Sorry I'm at work so don't have PT or the manual in front of me.
cheers

mp