Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-21-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Problem w/ 002R Headphone Output

I bought an 002R factory bundle in late September and have been having problems with the headphone output on the front of the box.

I am running on a new DAW cube machine with a processor speed of about 3 gHz with 1 gB memory on board.

At times, while monitoring playback through the headphones at the same time I am recording a new track, the out put drops in level a lot forcing me to halt recording because I cannot hear my output. Sometimes, to me, this seems to occur when a particularly hot transient may be clipping, a bass drum hit for example, is being output. But it also happens at other, unpredictable times as well. It seems to me to be more related to the actual physical use of the "headphone level" knob as it happens more frequently when I am set for higher levels of output.

I've been trying to search the DUC without finding anything pertinent. I guess this could be a safety feature but have not as yet found in the documentation that came with the 002.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before I contact service about it.

Thanks

Boy! I can't wait til I get my new Nimbus 2000!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Problem w/ 002R Headphone Output

Sounds like the same problem I have with the tabletop 002. My record-enabled track just doesn't sound thru speakers or phones. All I do is click record enable off and back on and its fine for several more record passes. It really only happens after several punch-ins. I wonder if the RAM gets "filled" to a point that killing record allows it(PT) to let go of memory? In any case I consider it a minor nuisance.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave