Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2016, 10:39 AM

Default Need to bridge ST 2.5 into Protools 11/ Please help!

Ahhhh. More issues. And so little time!!

Can someone please tell me how I can successfully bridge Sample Tank 2.5 into Protools 11. I know there are a few programs out there, but I'd really appreciate hearing from someone on the forum as to which one I should use.

I've using a Mac with Mountain Lion.

Thank you,

Lisa
Old 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM

Default MetaPlugin crashing Protools 11, need help

Can anyone advise me here as to how I can get the paid version of Metaplugin to work in Protools 11? I just need to bridge SampleTank2.5.
I've spent several hours on this already today. Such a waste of time!

When pull up Metaplugin in protools it stills says "Demo", then it proceeds to crash the program!!!

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you.

Lisa
Old 11-20-2016, 08:24 AM

Default How do you get Sample Tank 2.5.4 to show up in Protools?

I'm about at my wit's end here trying to get something to work.
I've updated 2.5, authorized it, but I am not seeing it show up as a plugin.

Can someone please explain how I can use this plugin in either Protools 10 or better yet 11?

Protools 10 is taking a long time to load now, so I'm guessing there are directory location issues going on. I sure as heck am having issues finding the directories myself!

By the way, when I pull up the older version of ST 2.5, I keep getting a box that says I need to authorize, which should not be happening, as I've explained in previous posts. But I just figured, let me go another route here.
Get 2.5.4 and try that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lisa
Old 11-20-2016, 10:19 AM

Default How do you get Sample Tank 2.5.4 to show up in Protools?

Sampletank 2 was never upgraded to 64-bit and AAX compatibility. To run in 11 or above, you'll need Sampletank 3.

Sampletank 2 will run in Pro Tools 10. If it doesn't show up in 10 after install, trash prefs and databases and run Pro Tools again.
http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...s-preferences/

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 11-23-2016, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Need to bridge ST 2.5 into Protools 11/ Please help!

To soundartsonline, if you haven't already, you should check out SampleTank 3 Custom Shop which is totally free and is fully 64-bit compatible. If I'm not mistaken, in the latest version this can also import all the legacy "Powered by SampleTank" instruments so you really don't need SampleTank 2.5 or some bridging program to use IK Multimedia sounds in Pro Tools 11 if that is what you need.

P.S. I apologize if I'm wrong. Since I've purchased Komplete 9 & 10, I don't use IK Multimedia stuff anymore, but I believe that free version of ST3 finally has an import function.