Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-19-2016, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Support Plan Coming Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchase View Post
Agreed

Cloud collaboration - completely irrelevant for most users
Track Freeze - is that really a quantum leap from offline bounce which we already had?
Clip effects - pretty good I think, but not working perfectly by all accounts

HD users are paying a lot of money for very little indeed and actually many things have been made worse (video engine anyone?) and now broken midi
+1 on all points
and……
Clip effects, does not impress me at all: In Reaper any VST/AU plug-in can be inserted as Clip effect …… go figure……

Walt
Old 11-19-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter rohrbach View Post
+1 on all points
and……
Clip effects, does not impress me at all: In Reaper any VST/AU plug-in can be inserted as Clip effect …… go figure……

Walt
Is it rendered or real-time in Reaper? And for something like delay or reverb, do you get the echoes/tails beyond the clip boundary?

Even if Avid did full aax clip effects, they'd probably cripple it for us vanilla users. :/
Old 11-19-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
Is it rendered or real-time in Reaper? And for something like delay or reverb, do you get the echoes/tails beyond the clip boundary?

Even if Avid did full aax clip effects, they'd probably cripple it for us vanilla users. :/
I suppose. We HD users are the ones getting the raw deal. You guys pay 25% of our subscription fee and get all but 5 or 6 features! And I had to pay a premium for the hardware!!!

Seriously, if you don't want to upgrade, it's up to you. But when you do want to (and you will) it will cost you 3x more and you won't have gotten any of the incremental improvements.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:

realtime and beyond the boundary

best Walt
Old 11-19-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
I suppose. We HD users are the ones getting the raw deal. You guys pay 25% of our subscription fee and get all but 5 or 6 features! And I had to pay a premium for the hardware!!!

Seriously, if you don't want to upgrade, it's up to you. But when you do want to (and you will) it will cost you 3x more and you won't have gotten any of the incremental improvements.
To be fair, it's more like 50% because your plan includes support and bonus plugins. We gotta buy that separately for another benjamin. :/
Old 11-19-2016, 04:44 PM

Investment Rollover, but it's getting old (Ooops I'm getting Old).
Old 11-19-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
To be fair, it's more like 50% because your plan includes support and bonus plugins. We gotta buy that separately for another benjamin. :/
We are forced to pay for the extra plugins which is basically a forced subscription. If you start incorporating them into projects it becomes just another hook to keep you in the annual support plan. If they included permanent licenses that might be different.

In any case I don't use or really need any of them. I'd rather have the option to forgo the extras.
RME, Daking, Heritage, ISA, Sytek

Old 11-21-2016, 04:30 AM

I agree 200% I didn't paid $999 last year. Since we have 4 ProTools vanilla systems. It end up the features is useless for HDX user. If we need to commit the tracks we can do it on vanilla system and back to work in HDX. why we need to pay more for HDX??

Avid will have more trouble in Dec, since most HD user is complaining. Good luck !!
Old 11-21-2016, 08:36 AM

I am an HD user and I think at this point the yearly fee should go down to us.

I upgrade yearly because I didn't want to maintain a machine that ran an old OS or have plugins, etc... become unsupported.

There should be something for HD users. I can tell you I wish I would have stayed on the vanilla path instead of making the investment to go HD, but what can you do.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 11-22-2016, 08:35 AM

I realize Avid doesn't want to reply to this, but it might behoove them to at least issue a 'company' statement to their customers about what their plans are before the end of 2016...
1 TB PCIe flash storage
Pro Tools Ultimate HD 2023.6
HD Native Thunderbolt