Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Default Rewire/ soundminer issue

Hello all... Having a sporadic issue here.

I have an aux set up as my soundminer monitor, using Rewire 4.0 as the source. (we are using SSL madi as I/O, so using optical is not a choice) Recently, the plug in will be active on a session, close it, and reopen it later, and it's not active. Not a big thing, of course, but when you have a feature mixing crew, director, and picture editor waiting, it can get a bit tense.

Unfortunately, this doesn't happen all the time. and there is not any rhyme or reason as to when it chooses to be not active, other than at the most inopportune time.

Has anyone seen this happen? More importantly, has anyone found any solutions? I've trashed pref's... all the usual jazz. I'm on osx 10.6.8 and PT 9.0.5. Any suggestions?