Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 06-21-2021, 02:40 PM

Default MTRX stopped responding to DHCP

nMP, Catalina, PT 2020.12, MTRX with Penta main and Penta Card etc., Dolby RMU gives an idea of the setup.
Everything working fine until today when switching sample rate from 96K back to 48K.
Comms error between DADman control software and MTRX after the rate change. Tried to quit DADman Control but spinning beachball so force quited. Powered cycled MTRX and MTRX seen in Devices but comms error when trying to connect.
The shown IP address for the MTRX shows a 169... range rather than the normal 192.168......
If I use manual IP settings then I get comms.
Reflashed MTRX firmware etc. but it will just not get an IP address in the correct range when set to DHCP. Have had to set manual addresses.
It is as if the Penta Main card is no longer responding to DHCP.
Everything has been working as expected for months until the sample rate change today so I know the system has been working as expected, including sample rate changes.
I am back home after a bad day in the office so do not have all the exact details to hand, sorry.
Any ideas gratefully accepted.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:26 PM

Default Re: MTRX stopped responding to DHCP

Are all your connected devices set to same sample rate in Dante Controller?
Old 06-25-2021, 04:57 PM

What happens if you unplug all of the ethernet cables, then reboot the MTRX? Does the comms board error disappear? I have had similar things happen to my DX32 with Dante board errors that seem to always be caused by some kind of IP conflict. My only suggestion if you haven't tried it already, is to unplug all of the ethernet cables, restart the unit, then start plugging ethernet back in while trying to prioritise the DADman control "main cpu" DHCP connection.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 06-26-2021, 04:11 AM

Thanks for these suggestions. I am getting access to the system tomorrow so hopefully will have time to try to investigate further without engineers looking over my shoulder waiting for a result.