Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2010, 01:36 PM

Default NEED HELP - Is this effects loop broken or just the way it works?

"When I plug in my Pod Pro FX processor to the effects loop, I turn all levels on the amp head and the Pod Pro to 0. I should have no signal when my volume on my guitar is on. This is not the case, when I barely turn the volume on the guitar up, it is getting a very loud signal while all the levels on the Pod Pro and the amp head are turned down to 0. There should be no signal at all when I do this right? I have a Marshall head I play through and every thing works fine when I play through it , so i assure you it is not my guitar or the Pod Pro."

I sold a Warhead head to this guy and that's his latest correspondence.

I've never used an FX loop before so I don't know if it's a malfunction or the guy doesn't know what he's doing. In any case, can someone who knows how FX loops work chime in with their thoughts and expertise?

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 04-10-2010, 02:07 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP - Is this effects loop broken or just the way it works?

Sounds like it's a parallel effects loop. If so there must be a mix knob somewhere. Google it :)
Old 04-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork_ View Post
Sounds like it's a parallel effects loop. If so there must be a mix knob somewhere. Google it :)
I don't think there's a mix knob. In fact, I'm 95% sure..

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 04-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Which model Warhead is it?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Which model Warhead is it?
Original Warhead.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 PM

Anyone?

Old 04-11-2010, 12:57 AM

Well looking on the Randall website, all the amp heads seem to have either just a series loop or a series/parallel. I can't find any info on your old head anywhere. Is it the (Warhead) Dimebag?

Maybe you sould try the Randall forum: http://www.randallamplifiers.com/Forum/Forum/Forum.html
Old 04-11-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Well looking on the Randall website, all the amp heads seem to have either just a series loop or a series/parallel. I can't find any info on your old head anywhere. Is it the (Warhead) Dimebag?

Maybe you sould try the Randall forum: http://www.randallamplifiers.com/Forum/Forum/Forum.html
Thanks again Mork,

Do you know what the difference is in behavior with the series loop or the series/parallel? It's the original Dimebag Warhead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_6616wt_1166

I went ahead and posted in those forums and will report any findings. Thanks again.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:55 PM

I've never used a parallel effects loop (my Boogie mk V has a serial loop) but I believe a parallel one has a wet and dry mix, hence the mix knob. A serial generally has a volume control for level.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I've never used a parallel effects loop (my Boogie mk V has a serial loop) but I believe a parallel one has a wet and dry mix, hence the mix knob. A serial generally has a volume control for level.
Yep, I think this head has a serial FX loop then, there is no mix volume knob.

I asked him EXACTLY how he's setting/plugging everything in and will report his response ASAP.