Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 02-18-2021, 01:22 AM

Default Is it possible to type numbers in the Relink window?

Hi everyone!

I have a question about the relink window: I'm trying to automate the relinking process by having Keyboard Maestro get the file path of where my audio files are, then store each level of hierarchy in variables and finally type these variables in the Relink window.

(NB: while implementing this, I discovered that you can't type uppercase letters in the Relink window, which means that I have to ask Keyboard Maestro to lowercase the entire file path before typing, or else it goes haywire)

The thing is I couldn't find a way to type numbers in the Relink window, at least not that I know of. But on the office servers, projects and sub projects are organised with version numbers, prefixes, etc.

So for now the automatic process goes from root the the last consecutive path without a number in its name, then ticks the box in the Relink window, selects all files to relink and launches the relink sequence. Finally it Commits links and gives back control after commiting. But it can take a bit of time for Pro Tools to scan disks from a remote folder compared to selecting the correct folder directly.

Do you know of any way of typing numbers in the Relink window? Do you know if numbers are understood using a different set of keystrokes or keyboard shortcuts? If yes, I could ask Keyboard Maestro to behave in a way that is understood by Pro Tools :)

Thanks so much in advance for your help,
Kindest,
Charles

Pro Tools 2019.10
macOS Sierra
intel Core i7 4.2 GHz
16 Go DDR4 2400 MHz
Old 02-22-2021, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Is it possible to type numbers in the Relink window?

Anyone? It would really help us at work to know about this :)
Thanks a lot in advance!