Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2017, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Best record drive setup with trash can Macs

I recently got a NIB Mac 6 core from a guy on Ebay who had gotten it swapped for one from Apple and decided not to even keep it. Brand new. I bought a 1TB SSD and record directly to that and run everything off it. If I backup I go external USB3.0 for that. As for interface I am using an Apollo 8 Quad I just got which was part of what led me to get the Mac Pro after I accidentally pulled the tb bringing my macbook crashing down on my work laptop and then needing to replace the display. That proved to me that there just isnt enough TB on a MBPro. I had waited to see what the next offering would bring and was sorely disappointed on what they released and the price hikes. Im quite happy with the Mac Pro. Its 32gb atm and I have had no cpu crash events that I can recall. I did a clean install of Sierra btw and a clean install of PT12.6.1. I reinstalled everything and then did a time machine backup so I would be totally fresh. Runs like a charm. PM if you want a link to my SSD. I bought the newest samsung for around 829 I think. 5 minutes to install.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Best record drive setup with trash can Macs

thx everyone, gives me a lot of options.