Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:44 AM

Default 7.3 installer? Does \"clean uninstal\" delete bombfactory plgs

Problem within the red lines solved.
-------------------------------------------------------------
so i'm havin some problems with LE 7.3.1 (digi002 rack)
and i decided to go through every step in the list in "General Trouble Shooting"

now, one of the suggestions is to uninstall/reinstall pro tools...

since i'm currently running 7.3.1, i have to get the installer for 7.3, uninstal and re-install and then run the 7.3.1 update, right?

the problem is I can't find the 7.3 installer anywhere and the link i got via email when i purchased it has expired. I did not "archive" the installer because in my experience downloading installers have been easy for example for REASON i just go to their page log in and download stuff i'm licenced for.
------------------------------------------------------------
thanks

By the way, the General Trouble Shooting thread is valuable. it would be more valuable if (i dont know if this possible though) if every step in the list would specify what kind of problems with PT it usually fixes/is associated with.

EDIT: this might be a stupid question but i'm not really that well versed in computer stuff...
When installing something, PACE drivers for example, should I always uninstal previous ones first? or does it do this automatically when installin new ones?

thanks again
Old 05-03-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Where do I download the 7.3 installer?

If you purchased 7.3 from the DigiStore the Installer link will be in your Account Details.

filosofem
Old 05-03-2007, 02:56 AM

hmmm... i did buy it from there when i looked... didnt see the link but will go back and check now

edit: do i have to register my purchase to see it?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:05 AM

No, because I haven't and it's there. Click View Order Details/Tracking Number and the Receipt page will open containing all 7.3 Installer and Information.

filosofem
Old 05-03-2007, 03:11 AM

Ok, found it

Thanks a bunch!
I was just signed in at digidesign.com, but i had to actually go to digistore (just like you said) and sign in. (although they both use the same log in info and are connected)

that problem solved now.

i'll make changes to my first post, but will leave it there just in case someone else is as dumb as me and tries to search the forum for the same answer
Old 05-03-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Clean Uninstall

"Clean Uninstal
Removes all Pro Tools files, including system files, Digidesign plug-ins, and MIDI patch names"

does "Digidesign plugins" include the Digi/Bombfactory ones?

hmm... if i'm doing this i should probably backup my I/O setups too? is it as simple as draggin the i/o setup file from a folder to a new destination or do i have to open PT and go to the i/o set up and just save to my back-up destination?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Clean Uninstall

Quote:
does "Digidesign plugins" include the Digi/Bombfactory ones?
Ummm... this question I asked before and Rail considered them as third party and should be uninstalled.
Quote:
backup my I/O setups too?
Yeah, I surpose.
Quote:
is it as simple as draggin the i/o setup file from a folder to a new destination or do i have to open PT and go to the i/o set up and just save to my back-up destination?
Don't know about you, but I use Export and Import I/O Settings.

filosofem