Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2023, 03:20 PM

Default Re: ARM based drivers for Eleven Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnSTL View Post
Wow. I had given up. I just got my Eleven Rack working again with my Windows machine - as the audio interface w/the 11R editor etc. I really enjoyed that setup as a primarily guitar focused composer. I'd love to use that configuration with my Mac again.
Did you get the editor to work on win11 ? How?

/T
Old 02-10-2023, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingafuego View Post
Great news! Thanks Avid!

Is the Eleven driver currently working with Win 11?
I use it with win 11 when mixing. Have not recorded using 11r after upgrading to 11 R. Editor NOT working here on win 11. Anyone knows any fix/workaroun to get the editor going on win 11?

/T
Old 11-02-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Mmm a very creative hacker might be able to remote the very simple MIDI over USB controls from the Editor on an old Intel Mac through an Apple Silicon Mac and be able to get both the editor on the Intel mac and the interface on the Silicon Mac to work at the same time.

No I'm not doing that. But it was not hard years ago to reverse engineer much of the Editor commands/traffic. Very simple with a trivial CRC on messages. As others did as well. Nice to see how it works, no interest in reimplementing any of it's capabilities (and without the Eleven Mk II plugin UI source components there is no way anybody is gong to want to redo all that UI stuff). All just easier to move the Eleven Rack to close by and use the front panel.
There is ElevenHack - new account so I can't link but it's a Java program made by a Linux user. The device uses USB Midi so making a more fully implemented new editor is not completely out of the reach of a hobbyist developer.

However, the audio aspect of the drivers (plus a few other things like the tuner and metering) are part of the proprietary stuff that Avid did for the 11R. Why the 11R isn't class compliant is weird.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:49 AM

My 11R has been unused for some time (previously with my Intel iMac), so whilst realising there’s been no Apple Silicon driver update, I’ve not really paid much attention to these topics.

However, I had assumed it was class compliant - I’m only appreciating that I’ll need a new interface for my new Mac Studio, possibly as Darryl suggests, with SPDIF for the 11R.

If only from an environmental standpoint however, not ensuring at least some basic interface functionality for what will likely be the Apple platform for many years to come, isn’t a great look for Avid, who again find themselves offering their latest interface with a bundled Pro Tools perpetual licence.

If developing an ARM driver is asking too much (they surely have the skills/resources, just not ‘good business’), I wonder how feasible a firmware update to address class compliance might be e.g. if the 11R used off-the-shelf chipsets, etc.?