Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-27-2007, 10:05 PM

Default PLUGINS problem - paid for factory plugins, DON\"T WORK!!

Sorry for the all caps, but I'm at my wits end. I paid a small fortune for my new setup, which includes Mbox 2 Pro Factory Bundle. My ilok is worthless and doesn't register my bombfactory plugins, which are the best part of the factory bundle.

When I try to authorize the software when I start protools, it says the ilok doesn't have the authorization even though that's the iloks only purpose!!! Why won't it work? Then it takes me through this "challenge," of which there isn't a single mention in any of the documentation I've received with my hardware and software. Plus, I've gone to the ilok website, which didn't offer any useful information.

The background is that I first downloaded the plugins off the wrong cd (for intel based macs) and so I completely uninstalled and re-installed protools and then downloaded the plugins from the "PAID plugins folder." Now I just get a zillion popups for plugin authorizations, none of which are included on my ilok!

Any help would be much appreciated . . . I'm about ready to throw my new Mac Pro through the window.

Oh . . . my specs:

Mac Pro 2 X 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM
OS X 10.4.9
Protools LE 7.3
OS X 10.4.9
Old 07-28-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: PLUGINS problem - paid for factory plugins, DON\"T WORK!!

Firstly you need to check exactly what plugins you are entitled to, when i bought my producer factory bundle the install CD had the installer for the producer factory pro bundle. So basically if intsalled the pro bundle i wouldn't have the auths for the majority of plugs.

Producer Factory bundle: Includes moogerfooger Analog Delay, JOEMEEK Meequalizer VC-5, JOEMEEK SC-2 Photo Optical Compressor, Cosmonaut Voice, and Digidesign Maxim.

Producer Factory Pro bundle: Includes moogerfooger Analog Delay, JOEMEEK Meequalizer VC-5, JOEMEEK SC-2 Photo Optical Compressor, Cosmonaut Voice, Digidesign Maxim, Bomb Factory BF-3A Classic Compressor, Digidesign D-Fi, Tel-Ray Variable Delay, SansAmp PSA-1, moogerfooger Ring Modulator, Voce Spin, and Voce Chorus/Vibrato.

Best thing if you are unsure is go to iLok, login and just view the auths and install those. Chances are with an Mbox you only have top bundle and its all the other plugs that are pinging the auth message on startup.

Cheers
Old 07-28-2007, 10:31 AM

Hey thanks dude. I think you're right, but I just need to verify that I'm not supposed to have authorization for the "Pro" bundle you described above . . . I bought an Mbox II Pro . . . does that entitle me to those plugins, or no? I guess that's where I'm confused.

Thanks again,

Ryan
OS X 10.4.9
Old 07-28-2007, 10:34 AM

I guess I should add that I bought the Mbox II Pro Factory Bundle with the Ignition Pack 2 Pro.
OS X 10.4.9
Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

The Mbox 2 Pro Factory product section lists the bundled plug-ins included with that product:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...01&itemid=4957

Mbox 2 Pro Factory Plug-in Bundle:
Moogerfooger® Analog Delay
JOEMEEK® SC2T Photo Optical Compressor
JOEMEEK VC5T Meequalizer®
Cosmonaut Voice
Digidesign® Maxim

Click on the Bundled Plug-Ins tab in the Mbox 2 Pro Factory product section for the rest of the list...

In addition to those 5 iLok licenseses, the Mbox 2 Pro Factory also includes the Ignition Pack 2 Pro bundle, which has these additional iLok-authorized plug-ins with 5 more iLok licenses (TL Utiliites is 3 licenses)

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=25023
"The Ignition Pack 2 Pro includes a red card named "Ignition Pack 2 Pro Activation Card" with your Ignition Pack 2 Activation Code. On the bottom half of the card is the separate "iLok Plug-In Activation" with your Ignition Pack 2 Pro Plug-ins Activation Code for Synchronic, TL Utilities, and TL Everyphase. Instructions are on the card about how to activate your Ignition Pack 2 Pro."
Old 07-28-2007, 10:59 AM

Thanks guys . . . got it all worked out now. You can try and make this stuff as user-friendly as possible, but us "digitally challenged" meatheads somehow still don't get it. Hey . . . I'm an artist, not an audio engineer!
OS X 10.4.9