Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Maudio Axiom61 for transport, faders, etc??????

I see the new 7.3 video tutorials have the same Maudio Axiom 61 keyboard midi controller as I do. Can I use the transport and faders or other controls on my axiom to control functions within Pro Tools? I already use it to record midi info and control my rackmount synth modules but I would really like to be able to use the transport buttons and faders for my sessions. Anyone know? Thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Maudio Axiom61 for transport, faders, etc????

You need to reprogram it to behave like a JL-Cooper CS-10, and downlaod the cs-10 profile for 7.3 from the Legacy controllers page. Follow the instructions on page 77 of the MIDI Controllers Guide

I have instructions for how I did this with the M-Audio ozonic on my website. The procedure for the Axiom should be very similar, since they are both MAudio products.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 01-09-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Maudio Axiom61 for transport, faders, etc??????

i couldnt get this set up either but im bad with these things. howver i did find out that the faders will only work 1-8..no banking....
Old 01-09-2007, 05:10 PM

I haven't tried to set it up yet but I will tonight. Quick question for you. According to a quick search on the digidesign Answerbase it said that you can map sliders to midi controls by CTRL-Clicking the ProTools fader, it will turn green and then when you move the midi controller it will map. Have you bean able to get it to do this?

If not how do you assign specific ProTools faders to the sliders, or do you just get the first 8 faders?

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:10 PM

I haven't tried to set it up yet but I will tonight. Quick question for you. According to a quick search on the digidesign Answerbase it said that you can map sliders to midi controls by CTRL-Clicking the ProTools fader, it will turn green and then when you move the midi controller it will map. Have you bean able to get it to do this?

If not how do you assign specific ProTools faders to the sliders, or do you just get the first 8 faders?

Thanks.

Judson Voss
[email protected]
Old 01-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Tried the control click on the faders with no results. It does not turn green. I even tried ctrl alt click etc???
Old 01-19-2007, 01:16 PM

Spkguitar,

Thanks for the help I was able to program the axiom 61 with your help.

Treblebleed,

There is also a Yahoo group just for Enigma that has quite a few different user banks for all types of programs. Now I just need someone to create one for Hybrid or Xpand.

I found out that once the CS10 profile is active for the controller then the 1st 8 faders turn blue (not green) this is the "bank" that is active for the midi controller. To move the faders to another bank of 8 you can right click on the track name of the first track and it will move your bank to another 8.

It actually works out pretty well. For example you can set up 8 drum tracks and mix them with the controller. Then hit a memory location that has 8 DCA groups. Drums being one of them. Here you can use the controller to mix the DCA group and the overall drum level within the mix and then toggle back to the drum memory location to remix inside the drums again. I need figure out how to program a trigger on the controller to run through my memory locations so I don't have to keep hittng the mouse.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM

Thanks for the info. I am new to pro tools and programming controllers. I read the info given and it is greatly appreciated but I am still lost. I would be willing to add funds to someones paypal account to guide me thru the programming of the axiom as I just bought it and am sorry to say I is an IDIOT! LOL. Thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Spkguitar,

Thanks for the help I was able to program the axiom 61 with your help.

Treblebleed,

There is also a Yahoo group just for Enigma that has quite a few different user banks for all types of programs. Now I just need someone to create one for Hybrid or Xpand.

I found out that once the CS10 profile is active for the controller then the 1st 8 faders turn blue (not green) this is the "bank" that is active for the midi controller. To move the faders to another bank of 8 you can right click on the track name of the first track and it will move your bank to another 8.

It actually works out pretty well. For example you can set up 8 drum tracks and mix them with the controller. Then hit a memory location that has 8 DCA groups. Drums being one of them. Here you can use the controller to mix the DCA group and the overall drum level within the mix and then toggle back to the drum memory location to remix inside the drums again. I need figure out how to program a trigger on the controller to run through my memory locations so I don't have to keep hittng the mouse.

What is a DCA? I am willing to pay for help. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE????
Old 01-24-2007, 05:53 PM

I have had no luck in this process, can you guys be a little more detailed. Also, in the Digi videos how does he get the Axiom to seemlessly go from plug to plug without changing anything in the options menu?

Any help would be appreciatted